Problems with L&P Overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimW

Reaction score
Hope someone can shed some light on why this happens!:confused:

Why would L&P overlays chip or crack?

I would be very grateful for any feedback I can get please. It is very upsetting as this has never happened to me before.

Many thanks,
KimW:|

Where are they chipping/cracking, free edge or stress point? Is your application thick enough in the stress point area? Is your client particular rough or doing a very manual job?

What products did you train with hun? Helps to know what you are using.

as soon as you overlay, the client looses the normal flexibility of a natural nail.
The normal things are no longer normal, you can put a natural nail in your mouth, it will soften, and you can play with it (in your mouth), lots of peeps do this.
Once you put acrylic on them, you loose this pleasure/habit .
Even cleaning underneath them can make them crack,..... as a natural nail they flex, with acrylic they don't.
Clients should be warned of this (negative side) before and during procedures.

So true Carl, I put on a french overlay on myself to see if I could learn more you know troubleshooting, well I think they lasted me about 5 days and I couldn't handle it any longer. I needed my nails back. My natural nails are strong yes but flexible!

One of the most common reasons for enhancements cracking and breaking is is aggressive filing and force. If your application is too thick then you have to spend time filing it away again. This causes break down in the freshly applied product and weakening it. Try to sculpt with your brush, keeping the application smooth and use smaller beads. Obviously you will need more prduct in zone two for strength but this will help cut doen on filing and time. hth

thanks Sam.
I haven't had a chance to see them yet I just got a message from my client earlier. It has knocked my confidence somewhat as I am wondering what I have done wrong to cause such a problem.
I use Creative L&P.

If you're using Creative, then look at your mix ratio, the bead should have an orange peel appearance, if it's too wet you'll get cracking & chipping. You'll also get it if you're working too thin & make sure you always recommend lots of Solar Oil. Solar Oil has been designed to keep an overlay flexible, shock absorbant & stops the product drying out & becoming brittle. HTH

Latest posts

Back