Probs with enamel smudging, pls help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle77

Reaction score
I've got a few clients who have a french manicure and a couple have said that the white has smudged when they have got home. I dont know what to do!!

I use stickey base coat, allow to dry then apply the white enamel to tips followed by 1-2 coats of selected enamel then apply a coat of super shiney or speedey. I leave this for 1 minute and then spray all nails with solar speed spray. The client then sits there while I book their next appointment. They are there for about 5 mins after.

What can I try????????

Thanx Michelle

You can't expect 6 coats of polish to dry in 10 minutes. Polish is very similar to gloss paint and it needs a certain amount of time to dry, especially if it is applied thickly or there are to many coats over the tip.

Solar speed spray will dry a normal polish job quite quickly, but 6 coats over the tip (stickey, 2x white, 2x some kind of French pink plus a top coat) Will not dry in under 30-40 minutes.

There are tricks you can use to have less coats over the tip area to help the drying process.

Hi Gigi

I only apply 1 coat of white to tip as thin as poss followed by 1 coat (1 client prefers 2 coats) of french pink then the top coat. Could you offer some tricks pls!

Many Thanx
Michelle

when polishing clients with french
i do base, 1 coat of pink (negligee) then 2 thin white on the tip (cream puff) then i finish with ezflow speed finish topcoat
with speed finish it can either be left to air dry which on french to be touch dry is abt 5mins or place the hands under a uv lamp and dry for approx 2 to 3 mins, the longer the clients sits in the salon then the more likely they are nt to smudge... unfortunately once a client has left the salon if they are nt careful sometimes nails can still smudge... opening car doors/putting on seat belts etc... even after half hour...i always make sure my clients nails are dry to the touch and help with coats, keys bags etc.. aswell as getting the door... erm... i cant think of anything else to add other than what gigi and i have already said.... have you done a search on french polish??

Jess
xox

If its available over there you could try "Creative Profinish uv heatcoat" its a really good product that goes over the top of polish and into uv lamp for 3mins client walks out with perfectly dry nails no more smudging.
HTH
kathy

Is this a Creative product? I've not heard of it before.... its not the UV finishing gloss of Brisa is it as that can't be used over enamel... so is this something new?

yes it is its only new but really good.

kathy

Mani-fique! said:
Is this a Creative product? I've not heard of it before.... its not the UV finishing gloss of Brisa is it as that can't be used over enamel... so is this something new?

Oooohhh! When are we going to get it over here in the UK does anyone know! It will be a lifesaver.. my nails are always ending up in a mess when I'm doing nails and nail art!!

sorry mani-fique forgot to add no it isnt Brisa uv finishing gloss
kathy

"Creative Profinish uv heatcoat"
Oooh this defo sounds like a life saver ... need it want it .. how?? lol

I use thermoshield from NSI, either uv cured or under a 60w bulb after polish and dries hard and shiney, removes with polish remover and a bit of elbow grease. Airshield is supposed to be great too but havent tried that personally.....

Hiya,

I use Powerseal by Nailorder over enamel, takes 2 mins to cure and then your client is ready to go out of the door without smudging

Amanda

Aspirations said:
I use thermoshield from NSI, either uv cured or under a 60w bulb after polish and dries hard and shiney, removes with polish remover and a bit of elbow grease. Airshield is supposed to be great too but havent tried that personally.....
i use airshield by nsi it is really good nails are dry in 3 minutes

All these that you guys are mentioning.... how are they different from normal top coats? How are they better?

The Thermoshield dries almost like a gel, its not like a topcoat that takes ages to dry sometimes and can be smudged or chipped when the client leaves the salon, and if you use it on your own nails it helps prevent polish or airbrushed designs coming off when you use scrubfresh or polish remover on clients.

Does anyone know which out of thermoshield and airshield would be best to protect the tecs polish from scrubfresh ect. Whats the diff?

Latest posts

Back