Professional advice on colour after 3 weeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimpearce

Having a ball with nails!
Reaction score
Hi I had my hair which was a blonde colour (as per profile pic!) changed to deep red 3 weeks ago and it cost me £143! The senior colourist did it and first put on a brown semi to give some pigment back to the hair before putting a Loreal Majirel 5.62 with 1/8th of a base 5 permanent colour all over. The end result was lovely but after 3 weeks, it is almost light brown especially at the ends. I would like a professional opinion on whether this is acceptable and should have been expected or whether I should go back to them?

I wash it every other day and use professional colour protect shampoo and styling products.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This should've been posted in ask a pro...

But i would DEFINITELY expect a lot of fading going from blonde to red.

Cant understand what the purpose of the brown was... You don't really add pigment back in with brown but hey ho.

Perhaps "brown" was just a clients pereception of what was done.

You're lucky it lasted 3 weeks. You will have to have repeated applications of the red, hopfully with a deposit only dye.

You will see more longevity with a buildup of professional color.

Perhaps "brown" was just a clients pereception of what was done.

You're lucky it lasted 3 weeks. You will have to have repeated applications of the red, hopfully with a deposit only dye.

You will see more longevity with a buildup of professional color.

I can understand that... But a client would see red and know red and you more than likely prepig with red to go red

Latest posts

Back