Professional Beauty Nail Competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragdoll >^..^<

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I havn't been on here for aaages ! don't suppose anyone has missed me though lol anyway - i am really undecided as to whether to enter the pro beauty nail comp in march, i havn't entered a comp for about 3 years now i think ! not sure if the rules have changed, have i been left behind ? ive looked on the website and i think i would have to enter the championships ! :eek: :Scared: !!!!! not sure if i want to get back in the saddle or not ?????? who else is entering? i know im leaving it til the very last minute but i would have a model no problem, havn't done any competition practice so id have to get a move on. ooooo shall i just go for it???? .....or not??

Hi geeks

I havn't been on here for aaages ! don't suppose anyone has missed me though lol anyway - i am really undecided as to whether to enter the pro beauty nail comp in march, i havn't entered a comp for about 3 years now i think ! not sure if the rules have changed, have i been left behind ? ive looked on the website and i think i would have to enter the championships ! :eek: :Scared: !!!!! not sure if i want to get back in the saddle or not ?????? who else is entering? i know im leaving it til the very last minute but i would have a model no problem, havn't done any competition practice so id have to get a move on. ooooo shall i just go for it???? .....or not??

If you are going to ENJOY it, Kate, then do it.

If it is just going to make you anxious or feel bad if you don't do as well as you expect then don't.

You have plenty of time to practise and the rules are available from the organisers if there are any changes.

Good luck if you enter. :hug:

Go for it!!! OMG don't know why you're even thinking about it... your work is absolutely fantastic!!:hug:

Geeg im a little bit confused though - if you look on the PB website and look at the 08 winners, there is a picture of Elise Pilkington, winner of the championships - she didn't do whites ????? ive looked at the rules for last year and it does say you have to do whites. also, are the l&p and gel judged together now?

Geeg im a little bit confused though - if you look on the PB website and look at the 08 winners, there is a picture of Elise Pilkington, winner of the championships - she didn't do whites ????? ive looked at the rules for last year and it does say you have to do whites. also, are the l&p and gel judged together now?

You need to ring them direct Kate. I can't answer your questions. As a judge, if I am called upon to judge in a competition .. I get the rules before the competition to study ... they vary from competition to competition. Any questions re other competitors should also be taken up with them.

Go for it!!! OMG don't know why you're even thinking about it... your work is absolutely fantastic!!:hug:

Its been a loooong time since i last competed ! :confused:

Hiya Kate,

Well, I'm entering the championship this year too. I don't expect anything than the last place, so it's not that scary....:) As Geeg said, if you do it to have fun, then go for it.

From what I have read, you have to do one hand p/w but you can leave the red hand clear. In the championship you're allowed to use the product you like, so yes, all products are competing against each-other :eek:.

Hope to see you there!

:hug:C.

Ive got my model sorted, gonna have a practice tomorow night :) ill post some pics afterwards x

Ive got my model sorted, gonna have a practice tomorow night :) ill post some pics afterwards x

Well, after looking in your album... DON't enter! :) Your work is amazing! I wish my work would be like that, one day... Argh, I hate that I have to be in the championship, I have NO chance at all.... :-/ (Calm down... I'm doing it for fun... I'm doing it for fun.... I'm doing it for fun...:)) Btw. do you always have to be in the championship, for the rest of your life??? I thought it said ".... previously has won...." for those who have to be in the championship.

C.

Well, after looking in your album... DON't enter! :) Your work is amazing! I wish my work would be like that, one day... Argh, I hate that I have to be in the championship, I have NO chance at all.... :-/ (Calm down... I'm doing it for fun... I'm doing it for fun.... I'm doing it for fun...:)) Btw. do you always have to be in the championship, for the rest of your life??? I thought it said ".... previously has won...." for those who have to be in the championship.

C.

It's all about what happens on the day and whether your work is amazing on the day.

Cec, you are perfectly capable of doing well against other technicians who have won just like you!! You deserve to be there and you are a very worthy competitor.

It's all about what happens on the day and whether your work is amazing on the day.

Cec, you are perfectly capable of doing well against other technicians who have won just like you!! You deserve to be there and you are a very worthy competitor.

Thanks Geeg! I will print this out and read it the day before the competition. :) Sometimes I am wondering why I am doing this to myself. It's a love /hate relationship, I think. The weeks before the comp. I am scared and anxious. The day before, my nerves are under control. When competing, I usually have fun. After the competition I am always relieved I finished in time, BUT not feeling good about my work. The time between the competition is over and the prize-ceremony is ALWAYS the worst for me. My nerves are REALLY, really bad and I sometimes threaten (?) to disappear right before the prize-ceremony....:-D

Well, I am chit-chatting... sorry... :-D

:hug:C.

Elise wone in the Salon Nails even though she used natural tips and fibreglass. She did lose some points because she didn't use white but she gained so many points in other areas where she had great consistency, etc.

L&P can sometimes be merged into the one category if there aren't enough entrants for gel.

I hope to enter but trying to juggle everything is difficult. I know I'll miss the buzz if I don't enter.

Go for it Kate - I am sure you'll do great. Me, you and Sec can cheer each other on xx:hug:

Cec your work is fantastic - im even more worried now lol are you sure you want to enter :lol: do you T&O or sculpt ? x

Cec your work is fantastic - im even more worried now lol are you sure you want to enter :lol: do you T&O or sculpt ? x

:) I do gel and I do tips. I take it you do l/p?

Haha, I have already booked my flight and my hotel, so yes, I am entering. BUT as I said, my goal this year is just to enter, have fun and get the experience. Hahaha, I wonder when I will do this for "real"... That day I am afraid my nerves will kill me before the competition...:-D

Please say "hi" to me if you see me. I'm the one with the Norwegian flag! :-D

:hug:c.

Its been a loooong time since i last competed ! :confused:

you and me both i'm as nervous as you :eek: but I think i'm going to wait for the NEC one been so long since I competed I need to try and remember everything lol

Best of luck huni :hug:

you and me both i'm as nervous as you :eek: but I think i'm going to wait for the NEC one been so long since I competed I need to try and remember everything lol

Best of luck huni :hug:

In at the deep end - thats me ! only decided to do it yesterday, doing a practice tonight, if i do sh.t nails tonight i will probably change my mind again !

LOL you sound like me :green:

I'm going to stick with NEC its where I started to begin with all those years ago will be do practice set this week my problem is trying to find a fiberglass system that was as good as Fabric# :cry:

1st salon nails practice

Attachments

• feb 09 012.jpg
    feb 09 012.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 322
  • feb 09 011.jpg
    feb 09 011.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 505
Be great to have you back, both of you!

All the rules are on the Professional Beauty website so have a really good read through, including the general and floor judge rules so you are up to date. If you get stuck call me in the office on 0208 302 2020. Lots has changed, inc the categories and rules. Its going to be a great comp, with new trophies and great prizes from our sponsers! You and your model get free entry into the exhibition.

Dont forget, entry deadline is this Friday! :eek::eek::eek:

thanks Rachell, ill give you a call tomorow. x

Latest posts

Back