Professional boundary and competence.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

Reaction score
I recently posted on another thread and noticed quite a few errors in my syntax and spelling (the shame) but the one thing that I noticed was that it could have been read the wrong way. So I thought I'd start a new thread and explain my response.

Let me set the background, I qualified as a nurse in 2001, trained as a beauty therapist in 2004, trained to do SPMU in 2008, undertook post registration qualifications including the independent and supplementary prescribing qualification. I kept my registration throughout this time, worked as a nurse and finally left the NHS. I then solely worked as a private nurse. I have sound knowledge of what is studied across all 3 areas and feel that I can justify my answers to threads I post on.

I hope nobody is offended by what I write as I am not taking a derogatory view of one qualification over another, I am merely pointing out that a medical qualification is obviously very appropriate to administering medical treatments.

If I had not studied nursing and gone directly into beauty therapy I would be flying the flag for this profession and would have the same view regarding other professions trying to cross in. I feel respect for every profession no matter what it is but feel that in some cases there are compelling arguements and valid points as to why some professions should not try to enter an industry that is clearly designed for clinical professionals with skills that they have gained through university study over a number of years.

As this is thread should contain a question, my question is this:

Should this thread be a blog instead? :wink2:

Latest posts

Back