Professionals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have said this now 3 times on this thread - this is an industry issue and not a Salongeek issue. As long as there are accredited courses why should people who take these courses be made to feel like lepers.

When I first started out training in nail care - I hated the thought that you could do a one day nail enhancement course without first being a qualified manicurist.

This is a professional forum and it is important to be a professional, you also need to act as a professional and sometimes this is not happening. Professional is not only a qualification!

Agreed whole heartily!

From 'pro hair extensionists' this is the kind of thing I'm dealing with...

That's tarring everyone with the same brush so to speak though iv seen terrible extension jobs from hairdressers xx

Do we think this is now done.

We could all Google and get pictures of hair disasters from qualified and non qualified people. Equally we could get nail disaster pictures from qualified and non qualified and probably skin problems. Do we really want to be trading insults like this.

If you dont like something, dont read it and dont reply! Xx

Think this thread should just be closed now x

Totally agree! What an awful thread, believe it or not some extensionists are actually much better in their field than some hairdressers. I run my own hair extension business and am very successful. Doubt ill visit this forum again.

You cannot judge a Forum by one thread ;)

If you are running a successful hair extension business, then surely you should be too busy answering all the Hair extension questions and threads on here, to even be bothered reading this one :wink2:

From 'pro hair extensionists' this is the kind of thing I'm dealing with...

HOLY **** . This is why only qualified hairdressers should be allowed to do hair extension courses. Any Tom d and Harry can do a hair extension course and it's stupid!!!!!

Well I can say for sure my work does not look like that. It's very unfair to tar is all with the same brush. I could post pictures of some hair horror stories that have been done by trained hairdressing professionals. This is exactly why my and jo have set up this other group. So you all can have your forum back! There really is no need

There are people who aren't hairdressers who run successful extension businesses and are very good at there job. Some on here, but a lot of them don't post a lot anymore.

These people have not done one day course in 3 methods, they have took the time to train in different methods individually to understand the ins and outs of each one.

The complaints are because extensions are very popular at the minute, but because anyone can train in them some company's aren't giving thorough training yet qualifying people anyway.

There will always be extension threads on a new method, a problem, normal advice etc. BUT most threads at the minute are people who want the cheapest hair possible. These posts make hairdressers think the posters are trying to cash in on a craze. Not build a good business offering quality to clients. With the damage that can be caused through bad fitting/removal this is very worrying

The forum is overrun with extension questions IMO. I am an extensionist. But some of the questions I see from "qualified" extensionists are absolutely ridiculous. I don't mean to tar all with the same brush and I apologise if I have offended anyone, but there are so many people who do the courses just to make a quick buck and don't care about clients hair, then they come on to this forum, not necessarily "stealing" but, reading and learning from OUR correct knowledge.

My gripe is with the extenionists who are on here asking hairdressers advice on professional matters. If they were properly trained in hairdressing basics before trying to jump ahead to advanced services. No one should be performing advanced services on clients for income without a proper basic education! You cannot understand multiplication and division without first learning addition and subtraction!
I have no issue with someone who chooses to specialize in applying extensions only. The point is that without basic knowledge in anatomy, physiology, chemistry and structural science of hair (only gathered through hairdressing qualification courses.) it is dangerous and probably unsanitary to be doing what they are doing.
I never claimed this industry issue to be a SalonGeek issue... But this IS a forum for expression!
This thread isn't "nasty"... It is a thread expressing the frustrations of those of us who are qualified, and worked HARD for our qualifications to come on here and have the unqualified trying to manipulate information out of us that is professional information we paid and studied hard for. What's really "nasty" is that the unqualified are on here pretending to be professionals and tricking real professionals into sharing professional industry information.
I have seen MANY on here asking for hair color formulas they can apply to extensions for their clients. That is WRONG. Go get qualified in hairdressing if you want to understand how to color extensions.
Go get qualified if you want to have access to professional products and supplies at reasonable prices.
Go get qualified, so you understand business basics.

I think that is a good place to close this and move on. If you suspect that someone is not who they say they are then please report them. I did ask this earlier in the day when someone accused the mods of turning a blind eye, but so far no reply.

Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back