Promoting a course of tans - how to word it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I was thinking of promoting a course of say, 6 spray tans and am having difficulty coming up with the wording for flyers and price list.

Obviously it needs to be paid for in advance. I was thinking that I'd like to say the tans should be taken within 10 days of each other (to give a great lasting colour) but I don't want the situation where someone goes for the offer then just doesn't come in during the allotted time and wants to spread out their appts through the year thus getting the cheap deal but not on the cheap deal terms lol. . . . oh god what an old cynic I am!

And all hypothetical atm but I try to stay one jump ahead:wink2:

Has anyone done anything similar, how did you put it, and how did it work?

If anyone has got any advice on this, I'd love to hear it too! Am waiting to go for my training at the moment!

Rather than saying the tans need to be taken within 10 days of each other, why don't you do something like must be taken within 3 months? That way they would naturally take 2 per month.

6 tans for just £x to be taken within 3 months

(I'm not sure about the words 'to be taken' but I can't think of anything better, maybe someone else can?!)

Do you want to be beautifully bronzed all summer? Book 6 tans for just £x (please note, these are valid for 3 months from first tan)

Or it could be "valid for 3 months from purchase"!

I hope that helps a bit! I'm not very good with words, but maybe something along those lines! Lol!

Introducing our Forever Bronzed Package

Purchase 6 tans for the price of 5, bo be used within a 3 month period. Never be pale again this summer.

This is a great idea, may have to pinch :D x

Love this idea girlies ;) xx

Introducing our Forever Bronzed Package

Purchase 6 tans for the price of 5, bo be used within a 3 month period. Never be pale again this summer.

Love these ideas. So if they went over the 3 month period you would just refuse to do them and refund no money? It's fair and square but I know I shall just feel mean!

Would it matter if the still had remnants of the old tan when they had another? Even if it was the same brand of tan?

Would it matter if the still had remnants of the old tan when they had another? Even if it was the same brand of tan?

You would get them to exfoliate fully before having the next one! This will remove the old tan :) hth xxx

Love these ideas. So if they went over the 3 month period you would just refuse to do them and refund no money? It's fair and square but I know I shall just feel mean!

I'm thinking how would you get round this without causing an arguement?
I'd love to try a package like this but always worry about time limits.

We have to stand our ground but then "the customer is always right" so we can't really win.

Any advice would be great.

H x

I'm thinking how would you get round this without causing an arguement?
I'd love to try a package like this but always worry about time limits.

We have to stand our ground but then "the customer is always right" so we can't really win.

Any advice would be great.

H x

When they book they offer, you would make all 6 appointments in advance, I would have thought. X

Yeah, I get that bit but what if they cancel one/forget about one/don't turn up? Then 3 months passes and they are like, "I still have 1 to redeem" so you say "as you cancelled the appointment and didn't
rebook within the three months then the offer becomes void" and they say "well I didn't book because the cat's brother died" then what?

It would be up to you how lenient or how strict you want to be I guess... If you want to be a little flexible if they have one left then fine.
I guess the idea of putting "valid for 3 months" is to encourage people to book all 6 within this 3 months, so you don't get people dragging it out over a year!
Then it's up to you how strict you want to be with this rule!

This is such a great idea! I have my tan training on Thursday, and think I'll be using this as a promotion! :)

I was wanting to do something like this too. I postd a thread a while back about a direct debit scheme. However, I haev been thinking about this and have thought that I might do a one month pass and say something like "buy a one month pass and tan as often as you like for £xx" or "buy 10 tans for £xxx" I was thinking about a time limit for the 10 tans and was thinking about 12 months

With offers, I always think they should be as simple as possible. Nor should they ever be perceived as a rip off or con.
The more t and c's you add, the more likely it is that your offer with be seen as a con.

Simple offers tend to be along the lines of pay for 10 tans and get 12. Too many time restrictions can be off putting too.

Latest posts

Back