Promotions to kick start 2013?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiCshairstudio

Reaction score
hi geeklets,

Just wondering what wonderful and wacky ideas we all have to start 20130 by hitting the ground running?

I've been toying with you usual Bw for 15 pounds and stuff like that but trying to work out if anything more original could help us this coming year.

Im thinking January highs: hl, cut and style 25% off etc what do you guys have in store?

Thanks Nikki x

It's back to school first! Get that promoted xox

It's back to school first! Get that promoted xox

Eeww hate back to school.... Which is why I'm off till after they go back ;) xx

Eeww hate back to school.... Which is why I'm off till after they go back ;) xx

Lucky for some Hehe :) Im fairly busy first week but need to jump up the client base as expecting a few to reschedule for Feb as they get their credit card bills for Christmas etc but as Im new to owning a salon need to jump up client base anyway lol doing ok just now but bills need paying lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Get a Bts promo on, its a really busy time and can make you a fair bit xoxo

Lucky for some Hehe :) Im fairly busy first week but need to jump up the client base as expecting a few to reschedule for Feb as they get their credit card bills for Christmas etc but as Im new to owning a salon need to jump up client base anyway lol doing ok just now but bills need paying lol

Do you not run a recommend a friend/ referral scheme?

I'm having a Product sale January to clear stock and fill up for valentines, then I've got a valentines promo on, then Mother's Day x

Do you not run a recommend a friend/ referral scheme?

I'm having a Product sale January to clear stock and fill up for valentines, then I've got a valentines promo on, then Mother's Day x

Yer i have recommend a friend scheme going and loyalty bonus' etc just need to drum up a bigger base lol

Yer i have recommend a friend scheme going and loyalty bonus' etc just need to drum up a bigger base lol

If your referral system is strong enough it will double your client base

Sorry to jump in. Blue, do you mind sharing what your idea of a strong referral scheme is? Thanks x

If your referral system is strong enough it will double your client base

It has so far I've gone from 45 customer to around 250 ish Buuuut about half of this are regular, i already have their friends and family that yill come but people are loyal, when they find someone they like they're reluctant to they elsewhere until something goes wrong etc I've only been open 6 months so need to keep building and knowing what promotions people run to help them could help me :)

I do love a good offer!! However I personally think that if I go somewhere with tooooo many on I think there must be something wrong,

I would go to a salon for a beauty service on as many offers as they have going but i would be more cautious with my hair. Just a thought?

Word of mouth is amazing, can you offer something unique to get people gushing about you to friends and family? I know people are loyal but if they keep hearing from their friend, who has amazing hair, about the amazing extra special service from your place, they may just be tempted!!

Good luck!

I do love a good offer!! However I personally think that if I go somewhere with tooooo many on I think there must be something wrong,

I would go to a salon for a beauty service on as many offers as they have going but i would be more cautious with my hair. Just a thought?

Word of mouth is amazing, can you offer something unique to get people gushing about you to friends and family? I know people are loyal but if they keep hearing from their friend, who has amazing hair, about the amazing extra special service from your place, they may just be tempted!!

Good luck!

Thank you hun, i know yer i won't be doing loads of offers all together as Im the same very particular about where i would go lol, just wanted ideas for a January/Feb offer that would get mouths talking a little more Hehe. I have a help yourself opi nail bar for my ladies whilst waiting for their colours/treatments to take, and a free blow dry during the month of their bday so ling as they come at least 6 times in a year (otherwise id only see them around their bday Haha) and a normal loyalty bonus, don't wanna do anything more there as it'll be too much just a couple things that differentiate me, i was out last night and so many people commented on mine my cousins and my cousins soon to be sister in laws hair and everytime they pointed me out saying thank shes my stylist lol but most people in my areas like the dreaded box dyes and have a cut every 6 months lol

i think how to style your hair at home, how to put your hair up etc sessions would go down well??

Strong Referral scheme...
When i get a client in the salon we talk about everything such as lifestyle, family life, work etc etc products, colours they have had, maybe thinking of, always planning my next move....then once i've finised they service ask them when would they like to rebook....and then when they come to pay i ALWAYS say which products are you taking with you today...then after they have paid and handed over there retail purchases, appointment card, price list in the bag along with maybe a freebie sample and our contact keyfob and a referral voucher! Then i always close by saying "go and refer your friends to us and next time i'll be able to give you 25% off your appointment" and watch their face light up.....if you do this with every client you have on one day that could potentially be 10 new clients you gain off the 10 you have done that day....if your bubbly and positive and smile this will come across, dont be scared either of being so forward with your questioning about products etc.....think about when your in tesco...they always ask if you want any stamps or top ups!

Strong Referral scheme...
When i get a client in the salon we talk about everything such as lifestyle, family life, work etc etc products, colours they have had, maybe thinking of, always planning my next move....then once i've finised they service ask them when would they like to rebook....and then when they come to pay i ALWAYS say which products are you taking with you today...then after they have paid and handed over there retail purchases, appointment card, price list in the bag along with maybe a freebie sample and our contact keyfob and a referral voucher! Then i always close by saying "go and refer your friends to us and next time i'll be able to give you 25% off your appointment" and watch their face light up.....if you do this with every client you have on one day that could potentially be 10 new clients you gain off the 10 you have done that day....if your bubbly and positive and smile this will come across, dont be scared either of being so forward with your questioning about products etc.....think about when your in tesco...they always ask if you want any stamps or top ups!

Heya thank you for this, i think my referral scheme may need to be a bit stronger maybe lol i offer 10% off for the friend reffered (can't spell that word) and then they get 10% off theirs, maybe 20 or 25 would work alot better, was thinking about maybe working in a saving for customers who rebook and manage to keep their apt 5% something like that, but think maybe over time this might not be sustainable, there has to be a reason its not done already i guess lol but i like to be different and have something that stands me out against the rest as well as being good at my job, my work i don't question, Im not arrogant, Im confident but everyone can always improve, so i know its a case of time rather than Anythinge else, so yer i think i may change my referral scheme to be a bit more exciting for customers :)

I don't wanna spend my while time doing everything for nothing as people will just keep waiting for promo's and I'll never get out of it but worried i can't last ling enough to build steadily :( just need to keep boosting lol

I am very bubbly and friendly and do all that you say above about the life and next time and planning ahead and am generally good with people planning back in etc its gaining new people that's so difficult :( i am doing ok just now and am proud of my achievement in just 6 months, but Jan and Feb scare me :'( lol

Latest posts

Back