Prosthetic toenails in Bristol area?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJA

Reaction score
:hug: Hi,

I am a podiatrist and have a client who has had both big toe nails removed completely. They will not grow back and there is no nail there at all. She is desperate for some false nails and very self-conscious about having no nails, I offered to try to find out about prosthetic nails for her - if there are any nail technicians in the Bristol area who offer this service, please could you reply / mail me? Many thanks, Claire.

Send a private message to "Cathie!", she's in Bristol and I'm sure would be able to help your client.

:D

Yes, that's no problem, I can help her, sendme a PM x

Hi who is Cathie. I work in Bristol and who knows one day :green:I may need some advice from a local person.

quote=ValencianNails;941067]Send a private message to "Cathie!", she's in Bristol and I'm sure would be able to help your client.

:D[/quote]

Hi who is Cathie. I work in Bristol and who knows one day :green:I may need some advice from a local person.

quote=ValencianNails;941067]Send a private message to "Cathie!", she's in Bristol and I'm sure would be able to help your client.

:D
[/quote]
It'sme lol! I'm a nail technician working in Bristol.

I have a client who has a similar problem - she had her 2 big toenails removed some years ago. I too wondered if prosthetic nails can be fitted! I'm not a nail tech, but I'd be interested to know how it's done so I can explain it to her.
Thanks!

Sorry for being too lazy to bring up a link, :smack:

but Geeg described her method on this site quite a while ago.
If I remember correctly,
she first put a small amount of Solar Oil on the toe-nail bed,
then created a toe-nail using l&P, applied as though you were doing a thicker over-lay.
The solar-oil will prevent the nail from bonding to tightly to the nail bed.
Then....you pop off the nail you've created, clean up the contact area & you have a new nail that can be re-used a bit by attatching it using Gel-Bond ot similar :)

Thanks so much for that!
Fancy that!
And Gel bond won't hurt the skin?

And Gel bond won't hurt the skin?
Nope, Gelbond is a medical grade adhesive, like they use in hospitals to bond skin under butterfly stitches :wink2:

Latest posts

Back