Psoriasis and extensions, is it a no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamqueen

Reaction score
I have a lady who really wants exteniosn but sje sufferes with psoriasis, I have said as a rule we wouldn't fit extensions, she doesn't get flare ups but it's a constant issue, she really wants them, I have said we could maybe add a few strands as a tester for a week to see how she gets on.. she said she will sign a disclaimer etc. Or should I just point blank refuse to do them. I don't want to chance ruining my reputation but also hate to think of some one being sad they can't have pretty hair. Any help much appreciated x

Will your insurer cover you if you go ahead knowing she has advised you of a contraindication?

Disclaimers have no legal standing in the UK, so please don’t go down that route.

Oh I'd have to check that, to be honest I doubt insurance will cover it. I didn't realise a disclaimer was worthless. Think I'll do the consultation and advice that it's to severe for me to do it and apologise. Really don't want to make things worse for her and risk my own name too.

You could suggest to your client to try clip-ins if she just wants them for the odd special occasion?

I have suggested clip ins and I'm now making her own bespoke set. Happy client happy me also. Thanks AcidPerm

Was going to say ring your insurance company and get her to get a doctors note. But yes clip ins would be better <3 bless her x

Latest posts

Back