Psoriasis remedies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meekz

Reaction score
Does anybody have any good remedies for psoriasis my son-in-law has had a real bad bout of it recently and nothing is working for him .
thanx

Get him to go and sit in the sun for a couple of hours ( don't let him get sunburnt though) the UV rays really help. I cant remember which ones though, UVA or UVB but it does work very well. My father in law used to get it quite badly and it cleared up a lot when he Emigrated to South Africa and spent so much time outdoors in the sunlight. When they returned to the UK he bought a sunbed ( the older ones, not the ones you get today, they have the wrong UV rays apparently) and used to go on that when he had an outbreak.

With the nice weather forecast for the weekend, he should get enough sun. hth

Teaspoon of blackstrap molasses daily. Helps some.

Getting out in sun helps me with mine😃

Stress can also trigger it or make it worse so u always make sure I have chill out after a busy or hectic day.

My sister in law actually had treatment in hospital for hers - it was some sort of light treatment almost like a sun bed! She had about 10 sessions which has helped a lot but not got rid of it completely. She was referred by her doc.

Aloe Vera juice! Lots of testimonials around on the internet :) don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more. Sunlight too like the others have mentioned! I hope it clears up soon :)

Low mins on a sunbed, ie 3-4mins. Or natural sunlight (when we have some :)) xx

Borage seed oil!!
You wouldn't believe the results we have been seeing with our therapists using this on clients!

Matthew, do they just the oil on its own?
I have psoriasis on my arms and legs, I'm off to Turkey for two weeks and that clears it up but I really need to get a routine for the rest of the year.
I get prescribed steroid cream and it does work whilst using it but you can't use it indefinitely and it just come backs bad as ever so not worth smothering yourself in nasty chemicals.
Sun is the only thing that gets rid for me, I manage it with body lotion daily to keep any dryness away but the redness never leaves unless it ges a blast of Turkish sun!

To the OP, aqueous cream, e45, aveeno, and body shop body butters have all helped mine.

high conc fish oils? (tablets not rub on!)

I havnt tired this myself but an over ripe avacado, mash it up and apply to the areas and leave on the a masque.

Epiderm and dovebet from dr really works for mine. Sunbed. X

Sorry for such a long post, but any psoriasis sufferers out there may want to read on.

Have this week seen a regular and very old (not age) client of mine who suffers with chronic psoriasis all over her body. She is also a therapist with over 20 years experience, so has tried just about most treatments.

She has recently started a treatment of extremely high oral vitamin A with her dermatologist, and boy WHAT A DIFFERENCE! This treatment can and does have a lot of side effects, of which she is aware, particularly with regard to her liver, but she is being VERY carefully monitored, knows which products she can/cannot use on her skin etc......

I saw her only about 6/8 weeks ago, and I just cannot believe the difference in her skin now compared to just that short time ago. She has the smallest, tiny bit of psoriasis on her elbows and that is it! 8 weeks ago she was covered almost head to foot (except her face, where it was luckily very small patches). She has some pigmentation damage (looks a bit like vitiligo), but her consultant has assured her that this is probably not permanent, and will likely fade over the coming months.

She told me that some days she does not now even moisturise her skin!

I'm not medically trained, so don't know who is or isn't suitable for this treatment (like I said, hers was chronic), but maybe anyone on SG who suffers this condition, might like to speak with their dermatologist or GP to see if it may help them.

Hope this helps xxxx

Thanx everyone for all your help:D and matthew where would I get the Borage Oil from thanx xx

Can you send me on info to please Matthew?

Hiya

Is the vit a injection do you know?

Thanks

X

Sorry to post again is the borage oil in a form of a capsule or topically applied lotion?

Thankyou again

I cant remember which ones though, UVA or UVB but it does work very well.

it's UVA...

To the OP - A referral to a dermatologist may be required? I was a dermatology nurse and on many occasions saw a combined course of psoralens and PUVA give miraculous results.

My OH has it (very mildly) on elbows but it always goes after a decent amount of sun exposure. Good luck.

Hi Dolls, I had small patches of psoriasis which progressed to chronic last summer, I understand how this can really get you down and affect your whole day to day well being. I was referred to the derm ward at my local hospital just before last Christmas and am so glad I was! have been on very strong drugs (methotrexate) since and there are side effects but no amount of steroid cream was working and this is the best solution for me. Everyone is different but, as with all skin complaints, a doctor will be able to help with the first steps to treatment. As mentioned before, sunlight is also great! The week I just had in Greece really calmed me both mentally and physically!!! As you can see I'm a bit passionate about psoriasis and how it can affect you mentally and emotionally as well as on just the surface level, sorry for the epic tale! Claire x:lol:

Latest posts

Back