PTTLS for in house training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Hope you can give me a bit of advice. ..

I have two staff, one fully qualified the other a receptionist I want to train up (she's a fab worker and really keen, firm believer in employing people not qualifications) anyway, I've booked her on her eye brow course, but that got me thinking. ... would it not be more beneficial if I paid to get my pttls qualification? Would this be enough fore to train my staff, especially since I plan pn taking an apprentice? I did start my cert ed a few years ago (couldn't finish due other reasons) so know the work etc to become qualified will be do able, but will they become qualified if I teach them??

Any advice/ criticism welcome! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya 😁 I would train in Pttls I trained this year and if your having her work for you then it's your choice. Although if she wanted to move on or you trained other people then you'd need to get yourself accredited with a company. E.g the guild babtac etc. If yor just taking students to work for you then accreditation is not essential and it would come under yor salon insurance them working there. X

Hiya 😁 I would train in Pttls I trained this year and if your having her work for you then it's your choice. Although if she wanted to move on or you trained other people then you'd need to get yourself accredited with a company. E.g the guild babtac etc. If yor just taking students to work for you then accreditation is not essential and it would come under yor salon insurance them working there. X

Super thank you! It would makeuch better sense to pay for myself to do the training as regardless of who she trains with I will be teaching her our way any way x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I think to offer your girls a qualification you'd need to ensure you were teaching the syllabus of a recognised awarding body (VTCT, ITEC, City & Guilds etc) for each module/treatment and make sure their work is assessed. I think you can assess them yourself but you'll need to have done your TAQA qualification (used to be A1 Assessors Award). Fair bit of paperwork to set up I imagine, but worth it in the long run if you're employing a few people. Good luck with it, it's something I'd love to do when I have my own empire!!

Latest posts

Back