Public liability insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallula

Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m starting a business from home working from a log cabin in my garden doing nails can I please have some information on tax and public liability insurance many thanks I’ve already got my beauty level 1,2 and 3 but I’m going back into it and training with bio sculpture in September so I’ve got a lot to pay out before I start and set up many thanks everyone x

First of all, have you got all the necessary permissions in place?

Have you checked if you require planning permission from the council for your log cabin and to run a business from home? Some residential areas for instance, have strict rules governing working from home.
Do you still have a mortgage on your house or is it rented?
If there’s a mortgage, you may need permission from the mortgage provider.
If rented, you definitely need permission from the landlord before setting up.

Your current home insurer will also need to be informed as having clients traipsing through your garden adds an increased security risk so it could affect your contents premiums. Will clients be given access to go to the toilet in your house, if they need to?
If you don’t inform them and subsequently made a claim, they could refuse to pay out. They may offer you public liability insurance as an add-on to your existing premiums or you might have to look at another insurer just for this type of cover.

You don’t need to register with HMRC until you start your business and receive paying clients.

First of all, have you got all the necessary permissions in place?

Have you checked if you require planning permission from the council for your log cabin and to run a business from home? Some residential areas for instance, have strict rules governing working from home.
Do you still have a mortgage on your house or is it rented?
If there’s a mortgage, you may need permission from the mortgage provider.
If rented, you definitely need permission from the landlord before setting up.

Your current home insurer will also need to be informed as having clients traipsing through your garden adds an increased security risk so it could affect your contents premiums. Will clients be given access to go to the toilet in your house, if they need to?
If you don’t inform them and subsequently made a claim, they could refuse to pay out. They may offer you public liability insurance as an add-on to your existing premiums or you might have to look at another insurer just for this type of cover.

You don’t need to register with HMRC until you start your business and receive paying clients.
Thankyou very much fir your help I have had permission from my landlord and I don’t need planning permission fir the log cabin and I have an outside toilet in my garden, that sounds odd but it is a proper one x

Latest posts

Back