Pulling my hair out, crazy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Ok geeks I need to rant and most importantly am I being out of order and any advice??

Ok I will try and keep it short.
I am getting married in 6 weeks.
My fiancés mum is selling her house to move out of London and live near us. We told her she can stay with us for a couple of weeks if she hasn't found anywhere and the sale of her house goes through quickly. Well we didn't expect it to be a matter of a couple of weeks for exchange.
She has put an offer on a place best is and had it accepted. Her place is due to exchange mid May. I am devestated. We thought it would be a long time after our honeymoon. She will be around before the wedding (we have a very small 2 bed flat) and then we planned a 10day honeymoon and 4 days at home after it having some cute days together. Not now. The MIL will be there as soon as we step back in the house.

I gutted because dont get me wrong her heart is in the right place but she is so hyper and talks AT YOU. I've never had a proper conversation with her because she just constantly talks at me not even having a 2 way conversation. She really drains me.

My fiancé has tried to tell her but she oblivious to the fact that she will be imposing after our honeymoon and my OH does not want to hurt her feelings. She is always welcome. Just the one time in my life I don't want her here is after my honeymoon and the wedding build up. Because quiet frankly she stresses me out so much she gives me heart palpitations.

I just feel gutted and don't know what to do/say.

Any advice please?xxx

Well it's just really bad timing isn't it? Not much anyone can do. I would just suck it up. Be nice to her, welcome her and you will be rewarded in kind, I'm sure. It's always a good idea to stay on the right side of a MIL. I bet she feels really awkward and that she's imposing as it is. Please don't make it worse for her by letting your feelings be known. I'm sure if she had somewhere else to stay she would.

Is there somewhere she could go for 4 days? A mini break? With a friend perhaps?

You and your hubby will have the next 60+ years together and believe me, it ain't all that!

Can't another member of the family have her for a while?

I feel for you. It would be great if another member of the family could have her for the time you don't want her around. And I do think it's a good idea to keep on good terms with her for the sake of the future.

My MIL wanted to stay in our new house before we had moved into it ourselves, yeah she p!! Ssed me off big time. But is yours moving away from you eventually, to another town ?

If she's just sold her home, why can't she organise a short term rental?

Make your fiancé take responsibility for solving this and keep you out of it.

I'd take the line of least resistance and spend those 4 days in a hotel somewhere. Make sure she knows you want to eek out every last minute of your honeymoon. That might even make HER go to a hotel for 4 days.
If I was her I'd rather sleep in a tent than impose at this time.

Latest posts

Back