Purple advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trin

Reaction score
Hi I've just coloured a friends hair natural base 5 with joico base 4 & 4fv (on the roots as some grey )which is a fashion colour and just used the purple on the rest it's just not viberant enough any suggestions with out bleaching ? Thanks

You aren't going to get vibrancy from a level 4 to begin with. Vibrancy comes from lightness and reflection. For a vibrant purple you would have needed to pre lighten and then apply a pure purple fashion tone... Coloring with 4v is going to give you dark brown with a hint of violet.... Colorists need to stop relying on their swatch charts for expected results, and instead use their minds for formulating color.

Hi I pre lightened to a base 6 and used a fashion purple forgot to put gloves on got very messy hands! But the colour didn't touch it rinsed straight out so shampooed with a cleaning shampoo and tried again with purple haze from fudge still nothing any suggestions many thanks :)

Hi I pre lightened to a base 6 and used a fashion purple forgot to put gloves on got very messy hands! But the colour didn't touch it rinsed straight out so shampooed with a cleaning shampoo and tried again with purple haze from fudge still nothing any suggestions many thanks :)
the above colours will not show on a base 6 they need to be apllied to pre lightened hair! u now need to apply a violet quasi on a level 6 with mix tone added.

Great thank u :) just having a brain dead day :)

Some pre lightened pieces and wella colour touch 55/65 will do the trick a stunning colour that doesn't fade off! If you use the koleston range it will go too dark xx

You aren't going to get vibrancy from a level 4 to begin with. Vibrancy comes from lightness and reflection. For a vibrant purple you would have needed to pre lighten and then apply a pure purple fashion tone... Coloring with 4v is going to give you dark brown with a hint of violet.... Colorists need to stop relying on their swatch charts for expected results, and instead use their minds for formulating color.

Damn right! I don't see 100/28 with 2" of /44 on the shade chart ;)

Latest posts

Back