Purple? My mind's gone blank!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hi
my mate wants dark all over like a 5/0 and a purple tone to it, i don't like wellas purples so gonna use viton s, i used this when training.
my prob is i have tottally forgot mixing ratio as in base and tone, and would i do all over, or just roots then pull through??
my mind has totally gone,,
last time i used wella for this i used 15mls 5/0 and 30mls whatever it was lol
it went dark as anything with no real purple tone
help pls much appreciatted xxx

What is her base?

The reason you had no tone before is there was possibly just too little put in. If I want a tone to notice I am quite heavy handed with it. If the base is not needed i.e you are not covering grey or going down more than one level, I would stick the tone on with equal amounts of 3%. You would get a nice rich colour. :)

Is it a true purple you are going for or a dark colour with a purple/plum sheen?

sorry she is base 5. got 1 inch roots and a 5/0 and 5/77 all over.
yeah i want it noticable..
thanks for the reply,
yeah i thought just to do the purple(whtever i choose) and a tin y bit base but bit scared the roots are gonna be bright purple :confused:
cheers x

Just make the mix with less purple on the roots and they shouldn't glow :)

Good luck!

4/79 is a great viton shade its extra intense i dont know if they still make it . another way of avoiding glow at the roots is to use a lower peroxide eg 6% ends 3% roots , and apply to midlengths and ends first , roots last

Latest posts

Back