putting in Hair pins and grips for special occ..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuschia

Reaction score
Hi all

Need some help from hair professionals. I am doing my hair for my engagement party on Saturday night. I am not a hair dresser but have made some hair pins and grips with pearls and crystals and I am not sure the right way to put them in my hair.

My hair is straight and is just below shoulder length. I am going to start by using a heating hair styler (cylinder shaped looks like a hair brush when you switch it on hot air blows through the holes on the cyllinder part. Once I have curled my hair I want to put the sides up and somehow put the hair pins in.

Please help me, haven't a clue how to go about this!!!

Thanks

:lol:

Hi all

Need some help from hair professionals. I am doing my hair for my engagement party on Saturday night. I am not a hair dresser but have made some hair pins and grips with pearls and crystals and I am not sure the right way to put them in my hair.

My hair is straight and is just below shoulder length. I am going to start by using a heating hair styler (cylinder shaped looks like a hair brush when you switch it on hot air blows through the holes on the cyllinder part. Once I have curled my hair I want to put the sides up and somehow put the hair pins in.

Please help me, haven't a clue how to go about this!!!

Thanks

:lol:

Hiya
I would say to you do your hair the way you want it ,
then pop in to your local salon and ask them to put them in for you,
they may charge,
they may not,
but it should not be much ,
If they don't charge I would give something anyway ,

Also why don't you ask if they could do just all the dressing out part ?
so it will be nice and secure ,
It might not be too expensive if you phone around first ,
go on treat yourself and feel fab and secure the whole night long :hug:

Hiya
I would say to you do your hair the way you want it ,
then pop in to your local salon and ask them to put them in for you,
they may charge,
they may not,
but it should not be much ,
If they don't charge I would give something anyway ,

Also why don't you ask if they could do just all the dressing out part ?
so it will be nice and secure ,
It might not be too expensive if you phone around first ,
go on treat yourself and feel fab and secure the whole night long :hug:

Thanks for the advice. The thing is the engagement party not in my local area. Don't have a clue about the hair dressers there.

Are you a hairdresser by any chance? Do you think it would be too tricky to do on my own?:hug:

Not positive about how you want your hair to look aside from the sides being pinned up.

But if you get your hair pinned up with regular bobby pins that don't show, then you can go in and place the decorated ones on top of the other ones.

Truthfully, it is very hard to tell you how to use them correctly without seeing it. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

As minky said, pop into a salon tommorrow and just ask them how you would go about doing it yourself. Explain that you are going to be out of town on Saturday and need to get it done.

Latest posts

Back