Putting prices up, worried what clients will say!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
As a mobile therapist I'm sure I'm not the only one currently feeling the pinch regarding fuel prices.

I'm just having some new leaflets printed which will introduce some new pricing. I don't want to increase them (by approx 20%) but they are just not feasible any more. They have been the same since Oct 2005.

Am thinking of sending out a letter with the new price list. How would you word it so the client doesn't feel put out? Any pointers?

Thanks x

also add a little bit about increase in fuel charges...

I was also thinking this just this morning that I will have to put my prices up as I've just had to buy a new car, petrol prices going up etc. and I can't work without those two (I'm mobile)
The thing is I have a minimum charge of £20, i.e. I won't visit someone for less than that, currently my spray tan prices are £20 each and I have build up an excellent client basis and wouldn't like to frighten anyone off by putting this up, I was only thinking by putting my minimum up by £2 but would obviously have to put my sprays up to £22.
I've got 12 sprays in this week and may mention the price increase to them and see how they react.
I can't see my regulars objecting as they have been with me for a long time and love the tan I use.
After all if I look at this weeks bookings alone I would make an extra £48 this week which would cover the price of petrol etc.

ive just put mine up aswell but ive not changed mine for 6 years !! some clients only pay me.. get this... £5 for a re ashape and varnish time to up the price so mine have gone up a lot but im still cheaper than the salons that are in my area so clients cant loose really. ive wrote a little note just saying as you know my prices havent changed for 6 years now please find enclosed a copy of my new pricelist for 2008/09 may i take this oppotunity to thank you for your on going loyalty your custom is of great value to me. it seems to have done the trick i was worried about them not liking it but actually most of them have said its about time you put your prices up everything else has gone up!! so nothing to worry about. xx good luck

I put my prices up in February for new clients and gave my regulars 2 months of the increase notice as a gesture of loyalty. The regulars increase implemented in April I didn't have any objections......

Hi I do not know why we are so afraid to ask what we are worth. Any other business would. I have just raised my hollywood and braz prices and I know even these are not as high as some. Beauty is a business with overheads and we need to make a living! I would not leave it for so many years without a revision - I would say revise prices once to twice a year even if you do not alter very much as it alerts the client that there are changes made regularly to reflect the current economic times and allows you to refresh and reassess your treatment menu. :)

i agree with essentia,i started my own nail business in sept of last year before that i did a bit of mobile for family and friends.I set my prices lower than average to begin with and kept my friends and family prices and the price i always charged them.now though 10 months later i am having an increase of between 1-3 pound per treatment,as i work really hard for what i earn plus the rising costs of eveything.Even after this i will still be very reasonable compared to other salons but have the potential to earn an extra 50 pound a week.To begin with i was quite worried what my clients would say,but now after a lot of thought i realise that i am worth every penny,and what might be only an extra 3 pounds per month off my clients is actually a huge amount to me.My sign goes up in my salon today and my increases are with affect from july.

thanks so much for all your helpful posts! I will now be increasing prices with confidence, we are worth it!! x

I understand these price increases and I agree, but I do not understand that part about petrol. I have read here, that what you pay for your petrol you will get back as tax deductions and it is 40p for mile, what my friends with cars say that is really good, so you should not have such expenses ...

I understand these price increases and I agree, but I do not understand that part about petrol. I have read here, that what you pay for your petrol you will get back as tax deductions and it is 40p for mile, what my friends with cars say that is really good, so you should not have such expenses ...

The rate per mile that we claim against tax is 40p per mile, but it's been that rate for at least the last 5 years and think what's happened to fuel priceds in that time..... There's been a 20% increase in the price of petrol in the last year and without increasing prices the only person that gets hit wtih that is the Technician.

Also, the 40p per mile is a running cost of a vehicle not just the fuel cost - so add together Vehicle Excise Duty, MOT, Servicing, Tyres, Insurance, Breakdown Cover and fuel and you will see the cost of maintaining a car is more that 40p per mile......

The cost of fuel increases is passed on to the consumer in other industries so why not this one? There's nothing wrong with making a profit!

Latest posts

Back