Qualifications HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyBen

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here :lol:

I'd like to get a qualification as a nail technician. Now I would like to be qualified to do a full/proper manicures & pedicures then on top of that be able to apply gel nails. I'm not really interested in doing Acrylics (soz to all those Acrylic fans out there :o) I would also like something that is recognised. My plan is to either work from home/mobile or I may rent a space in my cousins Hair Salon.

Many Thanks in advance for your help and advice

Ok, well as no one's replied boo hoo :cry: lol I've been trawling the forum for ages and it seems that CND training is highly rated here! Was thinking of starting with their "Finger nails naturally Manicure" course to understand more about the ins and outs of nails, skin etc then go on to do their "UV Gel Basics" course. Hopefully this would enable me to set up a little business doing full manicures and gel nails?? The only down side is that I will have to travel to Plymouth for the courses ahhh well as long as I get trained properly! :green::green:

looking forward to someone talking to me or I shall be taken away by the men in white coats for talking to myself ha ha

CND are one of the best for training not only do they have aword winning education and products to!
the manicure and pedicure ranges are lush! and so are the brisa UV gel , and they now have shellac aswell a real industry changer!

with CND you can strart a foundation and work your way up to masters and still do one to ones and the like to keep you in the loop ,

sweet squared are the main place to plan your classes they also have minx , dashing diva and lumos , they are definetly a good place to start wou wont go wrong there.

I dont think you shuld turn your back on acrylic though (L&P) as I belive its best to have trained in all systems even if you dont work with all a knowledge of all and not having to turn away new clients is a must have skill...

it will take time to learn and perfect your new skills , its not as easy as it looks but CND is defenitly a good head start when compared to some , good luck and enjoy x

Ok, well as no one's replied boo hoo :cry: lol I've been trawling the forum for ages and it seems that CND training is highly rated here! Was thinking of starting with their "Finger nails naturally Manicure" course to understand more about the ins and outs of nails, skin etc then go on to do their "UV Gel Basics" course. Hopefully this would enable me to set up a little business doing full manicures and gel nails?? The only down side is that I will have to travel to Plymouth for the courses ahhh well as long as I get trained properly! :green::green:

looking forward to someone talking to me or I shall be taken away by the men in white coats for talking to myself ha ha

Hey Kelly,

Definitely Creative - natural nail care is so important and you will get that with them both for manicure, pedicure and for enhancements. If you want to got for gel enhancements then you won't find better than Brisa - it's fantastic to use (as a technician) and you will learn to create beautiful, strong enhancements with it (clients love it too :) ). For more information then here's the website Courses and it has the number to call to book at the top of the page. I say if it's what you really want to do then give them a call and have a chat :) Good luck x

Hi and welcome to the site :hug:

I thoroughly recommend the CND course with Katrina in Plymouth, she is fab and it will be great to have another Cornish tech :)

Her courses are booked through sweet squared but you can see details on her website Creative Nail Academy Plymouth - Courses

Hi Kelly

As an alternative, try also looking at BioSculpture. I didnt do the manicure\pedicure course as i did an NVQ at college, but im sure they do them there and Bio Gels are very good for natural nails. I dont offer acrylics either and although i get asked for them, once they have tried Gel, they never look back.

HTH :)

x

Hi Kelly CND all the way!!! :green:

Thank you all for your advice :) Can't wait to get started but it'll have to be in the new year now. It'll be like having 2 Christmas's :)

Latest posts

Back