Question about college and extra training please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have looked at 2 collegesI am going to apply to Septmeber and one of them says you can do extra training in spray tanning, ear piercing, nail techniques, at trade, for extra cost fees, but the other one doesn't mention this.

Does anyone know if that's the norm now?? Or will I have to find my own places to do the extra courses if I don't go to that college? (Its a bit far!)

xx

We had such courses at our college and whilst they have a value they are not the be all and end all. For example, the other girls opted to do the spray tanning course with one of the big companies and paid good money for it, but on buying the kit they still had to pay the same price that included the training course. So, in effect, they were paying more! Even though they were told they were being given a discount for students. And when I did my spray tanning training, privately with a different company, we had half the size of group and it was excellent. And included lunch!!!

Perhaps the ear piercing was better value doing it through the college - but I question the ethics of going off and getting fellow students (not beauty or hair) to come and have their ears pierced at the last minute just so that we can practise.

This is not to put a dampener on all extra-curricular activity. Just to keep it in perspective!

Caroline x

Thanks for the reply. The main thing I'm "worried" about is the nail technician course, as once I've completed my NVQ2 I want to get out there and start clients, but according to my college website, I can't do that course until I have my certificate in Manicure and Pedicure, therefore that will add extra time onto one of the main treatments I would offer.

I don't know if there's any way of doing a nail technician alongside the NVQ2 without already having the Manicure Certificate?

I'm not too fussed about the Spray Tanning as like you say I can do that through someoneI choose for approx the same price maybe less.

xx

Latest posts

Back