Question for the Spray Tanners!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi-lou

Reaction score
Im maybe being a prude (im not usually!) but ive had a guy enquire about spary tanning to which i replied that I could do it for him but he would have to leave on his underwear or trunks,he said he was looking for an all over tan so wanted to be nude.:eek:
Just wanted to ask other geeks who do spray tan, is this a common request? or do you insist guys wear "something"? Im new to the tanning side so maybe im just niave (spelling?) but i thought even a girl would wear at least a thong? Your thoughts would be appreciated!

hi there,, ive been doing all over spray tan,s for a while now and you are right, clients do usually always wear a thong or bikini,
i havent came across many at all who would go completley in the nuddy,:eek:
unless maybe its a friend or a family member,,
however you can understand the client not wanting any lines and white parts:lol: ..
so aslong as you personally dont feel uncomfortable then yeh i see no problems,,hth,,x

ps,, just to check are you working in a salon with other people?

i'd probably do it. However, i'd be saying that (not sure whether you are salon based, home based or mobile) that your colleauges are only in the next room, that your husband is in the kitchen cooking, or will be home in ten mins etc or that someone is waiting for you in the car. He may be just vain, and want an all over tan and flash you his bod at the same time. Or he may be a weirdo. did he sound weird?! won't a tanned willy look a bit funny?

Thanx for your advice girls! A tanned willy LOL!! :green:
Im mobile ,but recently rented room so may suggest he comes to me!
He emailed me so I didnt talk to him, I will phone him and see how he sounds on phone then take it from there! Thanx again

lol thats great....well if he emailed you he may turn up and be 30 stone looking for an all over tan....brad pitt..sure id consider... think my fella wouldnt be too happy me spraying another mans wilbert.
Id suggest he comes to you where-ever you rent a room..safety first!!

I have been doing spray tans for a while now and i havenever been asked if i can spray them nude.
They always wear a thong. If it was me i wouldnt do it i would advise him that a thong needs to be worn or cannot carry out the treatment.
My hubby wouldnt let me do it anyway lol:eek:

I spray a couple of female clients nude. They feel comfortable and it dosent bother me but spraying a man nude is different. I would be so worried in case he thought I was looking there!!:lol:
I think you need to be a bit careful with a nude man that you don't know standing in front of you. I know I wouldnt be able to do it, and to explain it to my boyfriend would be even harder as he still hasent got his head round this whole spray tan thing anyway.

I'm a nude tanning expert now,lol......sorry just referencing my last thread!!!

I would advise you to do what you feel comfortable with. It is a question I asked myself when I first started tanning years ago and I still insist that gentlemen wear at least a thong and I don't do naked men - simple!

The benefit of keeping something on is that they have something to compare their tan against - it can look so natural that people don't realise they have a tan until they check their tan lines. I find that if ladies have had a tan with no lines they feel it doesn't last as long as they cannot compare their tanned area to any white bits!

It is important that you feel comfortable whoever you are tanning, make your rules and keep to them.

Mandy x

hi linzi-lou, i personally would not feel comfortable doing it, i really would suggest him wearing a thong, to be honest unless he is going to a nudist beach is there a problem with a slight very thin line? You could be opening up many probs! I take it you woek in a salon?:rolleyes:

I would do whatever you feel comfortable with. THB mens bits are quite wrinkly around the old nether regions so would he not end up with a zebra effectthing going on LOL, unless of course he was an excitable sort of chap!

Sorry for lowering the tone there but surely it would be very difficult to get the application even around his tata's. Could be wrong there tho.

I would do whatever you feel comfortable with. THB mens bits are quite wrinkly around the old nether regions so would he not end up with a zebra effectthing going on LOL, unless of course he was an excitable sort of chap!

Sorry for lowering the tone there but surely it would be very difficult to get the application even around his tata's. Could be wrong there tho.

I have tanned lots of ladies who haven't worn undies - not a problem, but I have always insisted that gents wear something to cover their manhood! I wouldnt feel comfortable if a gent went completely naked.

And as Joe90 has said, how would you tan everything properly anyway! If a lady has large boobs then I ask her to lift them so I can tan underneath, but what on earth would I say to a guy with a large you-know-what!! :eek: :lol:
There are too many fiddly bits down there and it just ain't happening!! :green:

Latest posts

Back