Question re Weird Looking Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyJane

Reaction score
Please can anyone help with this.

I was looking at my sisters nails the other day and noticed one of her fingers looked weird. The only way I can describe it is that it is all swollen around her nail, all the way round, it is not red at all but looks kind of like a bit wart and if you look at her fingers head on at the ends her nail is shaped like this ^ like an upside down V instead of an arch.

Its not red and doesn't hurt. It's just a big mess.

She can't have enhancements because she works in a hospital and they are very strict so I wouldn't be doing anything with them just incase you say not to.

As I am only just qualified I didn't know what it was and can't find anything in any of my books.

Can anyone help

Do you think it might be something to do with the hand sanitiser they have to use ALL the time in hospitals or she may have some sort of infection if its just one finger?

Hi Zara
Never thought about the sanitiser, but It's only one finger and it's not red and she said it doesn't hurt at all. It's all kind of swollen a lot and looks like the skin is broken as though it's been picked.

It wouldn't be arthritis on the joint just behind the nail would it ?
My mum's got that and her nail bed has been distorted resulting in a nail shaped like ^
Just a suggestion...............

Can you post a picture so we can have a better idea what it look like?

Latest posts

Back