Questions for CND nail techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moquin

Reaction score
Hi! I would really appreciate to get your opinion on a few things...

I have been using BioSculpture for the last 5yrs, but for the last couple of years I haven't been impressed with the white. Some clients always had problems with the white yellowing, but I only had a few clients who asked for French, so it wasn't a big problem, I just educated them how to keep it clean. Bio created the S-gel to assess the situation, but honnestly, having an acrylic/non-soaking layer defies the whole philosophy of the product being bendable and very minimal filing. To me, they're «selling their soul» !!! (not really but you know what I mean :lick:) and for the price, it may be better for me to look (again) at Brisa. I started with Brisa before Bio but where I'm from, all they want is Bio!! (clients are HUGE on the color designs, the crazier the better! and they ask for Bio. No matter if you are the best, they want the name.) So I switched, Brisa not having any colours at the time, and I have to admit, I was a bit lazy on the filing. Since I moved (province), my clientèle ask mostly for French. Going back to Brisa would bring the same problems, so here is my questioning:

1: any of you uses a drill with Brisa? I've always been against drills, I've seen so many ugly things (and repaired them) but I think I could use a little help for the rebalance. not to use on natural nail plate of course.

2: now that Brisa has colours and with shellac, I think I could make up for the design part. any of you used shellac for design?? chevrons, hearts, whatever?

Thank you all for your insights!

Jen
Canada, Bio Sculpture nail tech
esthetic, electrolysis and make up artist

Look .. you know what?? Open your mind because drills have changed. The new KUPA drills and carbide bits are just fantastic and of course you can use them on Gels. They are SILENT, Nil vibration and they are as gentle as you are with them and the carbide bits do not 'sand' the surface but shave it off in thin layers ... I have one and I love it.

YOu have to move with technology. Before I wouldn't have touched a drill with a barge pole but THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER .. you should go and check it out. You will be surprised.

Drills don't burn people .. people burn people. Drills don't do damage .. people do damage. It is all about touch and pressure which is in YOUR control. A good class on Safe & Responsible Efiling is essential and worth it. Brisa Gels are pretty wonderful too. It wouldn't have won all the awards it has won, as voted by nail technicians themselves, if it weren't so. :D

Hi hun in answer to your questions: Yes you can use a drill with Brisa, but really it is so easy to hand file it off there is no need for a drill, It is very soft and files away like butter on a hot knife iykwim
For comparison I had a client with one hand Brisa & 1 L&P (we were trying out system issues on her) anyway she decided to have them removed, the Brisa took me 10 mins to file off completely by hand file not drill on the whole hand it was on and the L&P took 30 mins to soak off..There are no filing issues with Brisa at all as far as im concerned.
With regards to colours they do a Brisa bold collection where you can make many different colours yourself and then add either sparkle or shimmer. They even do a black Brisa now...Lush
Brisa is my favourtite gel to use, I wouldnt trade it for the world, I am hooked on it as well as my clients, also the fact that they can apply their own polish if they want a change and remove the colour without damaging the Brisa is an added benefit.
Yes, you can do designs with the Shellac just remember that you cannot mix the colours Instead layer them to get different effects, If you want to Shellac over Brisa then dont remove the inhibition layer at the end and go straight in with the Shellac without base coat, If you file Brisa you can apply base coat and follow the usual steps for Shellac.
Hope this makes sense and helps you make up your mind.
Jen xx

Last edited:
Thank you Geeg! I have to say, I've been out of the loop for the last 3 yrs due to frequent moving and my new little prince born in Feb. I'll check the kupa (was actually the one I was looking at ;) )

Thank you busybee32 for the shellac tips! maybe I'll be tempted...

Thank you Geeg! I have to say, I've been out of the loop for the last 3 yrs due to frequent moving and my new little prince born in Feb. I'll check the kupa (was actually the one I was looking at ;) )

Thank you busybee32 for the shellac tips! maybe I'll be tempted...

Well there is nothing that beats KUPA. Best quality of the lot.
Congratulations on the birth of the prince!! xx

hi just woundering where can you get the kupa drill and also im in west sussex is there any where here that trains currently training in sitting bourne so am prepared to travel

hi just woundering where can you get the kupa drill and also im in west sussex is there any where here that trains currently training in sitting bourne so am prepared to travel

Ring Sweet Squared who sell the KUPA as well as the S:A:F:E:R: training to go with it. their number for a trainer near to you is 08452106060 or ring Debbie Davies direct on 01132173801 .. she is the manager of education and will have all the answers for you.

Latest posts

Back