Quick cleaning question - hairspray residue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
Just need some quick advice please. We've just bought a new curling wand that comes with a black glove to protect your hands from the heat. After using it on Saturday for a wedding the glove is completely white with stale hairspray and product.

Another hairdresser told us not to put it in the wash because she washed hers and it seems to have set the hairspray and now it wont wash out with anything.

Does anyone know if there's something I should soak the glove in before washing to remove some of the hairspray?

What do you clean your wand with? Do you have a product remover in a spray bottle you clean the residue off chairs with? Either one of these will work. Do not put glove in dryer though it will get funky. I use ship shape spray here in U.S. to clean my glove and then I just rinse it out in sink and let air dry. 😃

You may be best asking a local dry cleaners, usually they recommend washing cold first so stains done get "cooked" in xoxo

Hi when i was a junior i used to have to use bi carb of soda mixed into a paste to get spray off of mirrors etc,it worked so i giess u could soak it in it and see if it dissolves after being left and worked in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks so much, I'll have a go at washing it now. :)

Latest posts

Back