Quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Is anyone else quite at the minute??

Getting worried because I've had a couple of Wowcher deals in (never ever ever again) who have complained and Im worrying they are bad mouthing my salon.

Got to get this off my chest but I've just had to kick a wowcher deal customer out for demanding champagne which I went to get out of good will then she started and her varnish smudging which I never let anyone go out of the salon if their nails are smudged we also go over them but she started kicking off and said she was going to take the nail varnish with her and my salon is horrible, service is disgusting and she's going to let everyone know how bad the salon is so I kicked her out and told her I'd phone the police if she dares take anything from my salon.

Ive only been open 17 months and feel liek shutting up now for good

Sorry all for the moan but just neede to get it of my chest

Getting worried because I've had a couple of Wowcher deals in (never ever ever again) who have complained and Im worrying they are bad mouthing my salon.

Got to get this off my chest but I've just had to kick a wowcher deal customer out for demanding champagne which I went to get out of good will then she started and her varnish smudging which I never let anyone go out of the salon if their nails are smudged we also go over them but she started kicking off and said she was going to take the nail varnish with her and my salon is horrible, service is disgusting and she's going to let everyone know how bad the salon is so I kicked her out and told her I'd phone the police if she dares take anything from my salon.

You will get awkward customers regardless of where they come from. However, it always makes me chuckle when a customer complains and immediately it has to be the 'quality' of the customer because they come from a deal site. Did you take on too many and can not cope with the demand? Maybe the standard of your business isn't as good as you think. If you go from a few clients to a lot very quickly and you are not prepared then the chances are, what you're experiencing, will be the result.

From what i'm reading and trying to understand maybe how you handled the situation has something to do with it. .'

...I've had to kick one out for demanding champagne'... 'I told her I'd phone the police if she took anything'.. I don't know why you would even say these things to a customer, it just fuels the fire. ..

Don't always apportion blame to the customer.. Sometimes you need to look closer to home. This is more apparent reading 'I've had a couple of complaints'

Am I busy? Yes. Have I used deal sites before? Yes. Have I had a complaint? Yes, one. .. where the colour service was refused because they wouldn't have a skin test.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I've worked in customer services for years and have dealt with the most difficult and angry clients imaginable, but luckily I don't tend to get this working in beauty/holistic as I tend to go out of my way to give exceptional CS and resolve any issues the right way.

I've not used deal sites but I know plenty of established salons that have, usually to fill columns for junior members of staff. Your job is to take the deal clients and convert them into salon clients, how you do that is up to you.

I know several people who have bad experiences of offering wowcher deals, some people just think if you are offering deals through Wowcher you must be desperate and they think they can do what they like with you.

I sympathise. :hug:

demanding champagne! Pah! What because her nails smudged? Or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

Taking the proverbial. Save yourself the hassle and don't do deals with wowcher etc.

Where's the wow in it?

I've also heard of salons deliberately giving a totally crap service to deal clients (not saying that the OP did this).

A friend of mine booked a chocolate facial and a massage for her and a friend, drove all the way to Bournemouth (after booking) got there, was told that the salon was closed and that both massage beds were broken, no apology or offer of an alternative treatment, nothing!

I've also heard of branded luxury facials being done with cheap products and massages that are no more than a tickle.

I think deal clients must be treated the same as full paying ones if you are willing to take the risk of doing one, you also have to carefully manage peoples expectations.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. Clearly my salon and my staff are better than I thought possible.. Ha ha.

Bloody hell. Clearly my salon and my staff are better than I thought possible.. Ha ha.

I wouldn't expect any less with you cracking the whip!! :D

We offer a good service with a smile good conversations and a lovely relax atmosphere so my customers say so I think I was well in my rights to tell her to leave and I would phone the police if she took products what person would stand and smile to that?

I've done deals before with groupon and had no complaints but wowcher are a total nightmare

We offer a good service with a smile good conversations and a lovely relax atmosphere so my customers say so I think I was well in my rights to tell her to leave and I would phone the police if she took products what person would stand and smile to that?

I've done deals before with groupon and had no complaints but wowcher are a total nightmare

If she has picked it up and put it in her pocket then yes I would've said it. .. but just to threaten it... The most you would have got from me is a lot of eye rolling and huffing. . and probably a long hard look at my watch! (Providing they felt comfortable with verbally abusing me. Most wouldn't. . .ha) I'm sure you will be fine. There are more than a handful of threads with therapists blaming deal site customers for everything. . It's not always the case. I'm sure you will be fine.

The thing is I care about my business and clients like the rest if the therapist on here but I'm just at breaking point with it. I want it to be a success.

We do get a lot of recommendations from others so we must be doing something right.

Also she was picking them up to take the varnish which I would never do in a salon or anywhere

The thing is I care about my business and clients like the rest if the therapist on here but I'm just at breaking point with it. I want it to be a success.

Where is the area of improvement needed? Everyone wants their business to be successful but many don't have the first idea how to achieve it. We all know deal sites won't make you money in the short term but the retention of these clients is paramount. You will never keep all of them. 17 months? A little to soon to be profitable and continually busy, can take at least three years, if not longer to see profit and growth. . but if you see little change in this time it may well be worth time for some serious decision making. .. You can work your bones into the ground with this for years and still not get anywhere, it is very common... and fruitless.

Last edited:

I can feel your frustration and it must be horrible to be in this situation, but sometimes in the professional world it's less said, easy mended, and just learn from it. To say what you want and get it off your chest could lead to a client bad mouthing and in the end your business suffering. I hope things settle down for you xx

I can feel your frustration and it must be horrible to be in this situation, but sometimes in the professional world it's less said, easy mended, and just learn from it. To say what you want and get it off your chest could lead to a client bad mouthing and in the end your business suffering. I hope things settle down for you xx

Thank you I wasn't that bad I was calm and held my tongue suppose you'd have if been there to witness it really but she was calling staff as well :(
Well lesson learnt and move on.
On the up side after her I had a lovely customer in who was very pleased and went away happy

Thank you I wasn't that bad I was calm and held my tongue suppose you'd have if been there to witness it really but she was calling staff as well :(
Well lesson learnt and move on.
On the up side after her I had a lovely customer in who was very pleased and went away happy

Aw, that's good. I know it's not easy to bite your tongue. Sometimes you just have to let someone like that rant on and just visualise yourself poking them in the eye!:) xx

Latest posts

Back