Quirky treats for salon clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini muffin Saturday!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347696403.613387.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347696403.613387.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 227
In a town in lovely Norfolk! Just outside norwich :) x

You hair Colour deviant you. Breaking those Colour rules! I'm developing a geek crush! HAHA

What rules are they? Tigi have none ;)

The tea and coffee on the little trays are the best idea save the shots of smarties etc for special times Xmas, Easter etc. Because if you run out or your mental busy and cant do it people are gonna be aaaw no smarties etc today???

If you have that kinda money freed up use it for training,quirky hair tools, have a staff member train in a speciality, make the HAIR the thing! :)

Tried 9/0 with 9/83 and 20vol covered 80% white! Impressed much!

I do this ALL the tome 100% white 9/03 with 9/83 (Indola) works perfect everytime :)

What rules are they? Tigi have none ;)

Lol I was thinking of the "must use level 8 or lower for 100% coverage" but you covered 80%, I happy to know that. :)

When I set up my salon I really got into trying to add little extras that clients might love. What I found was that the staff ate all my muffins and the ones that the clients did get usually got hair on them before the client could eat it. As geeks have already said the best way to stand out from your competition is to let your work do the talking.

When I do a facial/massage my clients are welcome to a free blowdry downstairs :)

Lol I was thinking of the "must use level 8 or lower for 100% coverage" but you covered 80%, I happy to know that. :)

Well yes I am now! I was getting fed up having to order in certain colours but I though no sod it! I'll give it a try.., and hey presto! But I cant find an alternative to 9g/matrix in Tigi...8.3 with 10/0 doesn't do it it's to gold :s

Last edited:
I too believe it's the treatment, staff and ambience that stands out. I also think it could get very expensive offering muffins, perfume samples, smarties and the like.

Real coffees, herbal tea, good quality tea, hot chocolate or juice with a couple of biscuits or a little chocolate is more than sufficient IMO.

Maybe go a little bit further at Christmas with mini mince pies, quality street or
Stollen for example would be nice.

Making sure you have up to date magazines is another must. It infuriates me when Im reading something and then realise its 6 months out of date or longer. Making sure there's mags for men as well. Just thinking about everyone's needs and the above are important.

Offering complimentary umbrella use is a nice touch too. Just make sure you make a note of who borrowed it and their number! HTH a little

A dolce gusto machine would be a good option, there are lots of coffee's and drinks available for it.
The packs with 8coffee's and 8 milks cost £0.49 a cup and the ones that are served black are £0.24 a cup. I'd keep it in a staff only area so used pods aren't left sitting about.
I like the glasses of sweets too, I'd also consider getting sugar free for diabetics, they are often overlooked although the condition is common. Xoxo

some ideas are
.free samples
.Hot chocolate
. promotional offers i.e 3 products for 2 or have six haircuts get one free etc
.leaflets on skincare etc

I once had my hair done at a fancy London salon and when my hair was washed they put a rolled up hot flannel behind my neck it was heaven. I couldn't feel the basin o was nice and comfy. X

Having a great team is always going to be the backbone of any business but I agree going that extra mile to stand out from the competition and provide a better "experience" is a major bonus x

Thanks to everyone for their help

I agree that the having the best team is what counts but its all about the competition out there too and you ned to do 'little' things to help you beat the rest!

Latest posts

Back