Quirky treats for salon clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meerubrooks

Reaction score
Hi all

we are having a major refurbishment in our salon
trying to think of things that would make the salon experience a little different to everyone else in the area

so far I've come up with
1 Warm croissants for morning customers
2 Nice fresh coffee from a machine like starbucks have
3 Manicures available for clients having long treatments
4 Complimentry makeup bar (Mac) with disposable brushes (obviouslY)
5 love this one....shot glasses filled with smarties

can you help ? any other ideas out there.. the makeup. manicure and coffee one is a definite (but not a cheap cost to the business)

shots of smarties... simple quirky and different ... any other ideas that won't break the bank...ON a postcard PLease lol

Hand massage for every client whilst having colour or hair washed x

yeah but that would come in with the lady who's doing the manicures??

I'd scrap manicure idea, you'd end up with clients getting hair in their polish ;) and not able to try make up out ;) x

Head massage for clients having treatments! Pretty common now but clients love it!

I like the idea of having coffee machine on reception area so clients can help themselves! Some don't like to bother u on a busy day!

I'd scrap manicure idea, you'd end up with clients getting hair in their polish ;) and not able to try make up out ;) x

Sounds like a good idea on paper but putting it into practice might be a pain on busy days! Will the nail tech always be available

Hi all

we are having a major refurbishment in our salon
trying to think of things that would make the salon experience a little different to everyone else in the area

so far I've come up with
1 Warm croissants for morning customers
2 Nice fresh coffee from a machine like starbucks have
3 Manicures available for clients having long treatments
4 Complimentry makeup bar (Mac) with disposable brushes (obviouslY)
5 love this one....shot glasses filled with smarties

can you help ? any other ideas out there.. the makeup. manicure and coffee one is a definite (but not a cheap cost to the business)

shots of smarties... simple quirky and different ... any other ideas that won't break the bank...ON a postcard PLease lol

Warm croissants would make me come to you lol!!!

I went to a hair dressers and instead of just getting a 'cuppa tea'

They had skinny trays with a cup a little jug of milk and a pot of tea, which all had the logo printed on!
I think this was very nice and 'posh'.

You could even up your cup of smartie on the tray and a few different types of wrapped biscuits etc.

But I think a proper coffee/latte etc is a nice idea. But be careful as some on the machine will make your salon stink of coffee! Ok if your popping in to Starbucks to grab a coffee but not when your sat having your hair done and go home and your clothes smell of a coffee shop!

Then if you croissant you could pop them on the tray with the tea/coffee. I like to bake but I'm also on a diet! So not a good combination so I once bake a lovely cake then thought if I don't move it I will eat it all! So I took it into work for the girls to eat but there was lots left so I was just giving it to clients while there colour was on! The all loved it! They was asking if the get cake every Wednesday! Lol

Even a glass of wine or a beer for when gents have a trim!,

I went to a hair dressers and instead of just getting a 'cuppa tea'

They had skinny trays with a cup a little jug of milk and a pot of tea, which all had the logo printed on!
I think this was very nice and 'posh'.

You could even up your cup of smartie on the tray and a few different types of wrapped biscuits etc.

But I think a proper coffee/latte etc is a nice idea. But be careful as some on the machine will make your salon stink of coffee! Ok if your popping in to Starbucks to grab a coffee but not when your sat having your hair done and go home and your clothes smell of a coffee shop!

Then if you croissant you could pop them on the tray with the tea/coffee. I like to bake but I'm also on a diet! So not a good combination so I once bake a lovely cake then thought if I don't move it I will eat it all! So I took it into work for the girls to eat but there was lots left so I was just giving it to clients while there colour was on! The all loved it! They was asking if the get cake every Wednesday! Lol

Even a glass of wine or a beer for when gents have a trim!,

Or little mini cupcakes / fairy cake

Or a nice slice of carrot cake with the coffee - yum yun

I say don't worry about quirky extras. Just focus on staff that are all amazing in their craft. Clients come when reputation is good. The extra fluff is never really appreciated as much as a flawless cut and color.

I went to a hairdressers in Newcastle and they had a wooden tray with five aromatherapy oils on, put each one under my nose to see which to use for a massage (head)on me.
I also got a wooden tray with teapot and bikkies on, was such a lovey experience x x

I say don't worry about quirky extras. Just focus on staff that are all amazing in their craft. Clients come when reputation is good. The extra fluff is never really appreciated as much as a flawless cut and color.

True! My colours are flawless I must say ;) x

Very true but I am on a diet and obsessed with cake at the moment lol !!

So fantasizing about a salon that serves me a Victoria sponge whilst giving me a colour is my dream!!

Having a great team is always going to be the backbone of any business but I agree going that extra mile to stand out from the competition and provide a better "experience" is a major bonus x

Good coffee and tea is a must (a mini muffin is also always welcome). Things that will make your salon stand out above the rest are more things like customer service and thorough consultations as well as excellent staff . Maybe you can save the quirky or fun ideas for times like valentines , christmas or halloween!

True! My colours are flawless I must say ;) x

I don't doubt that one bit mister. I toot my own horn regularly over my own skill, HAHA!

Having a great team is always going to be the backbone of any business but I agree going that extra mile to stand out from the competition and provide a better "experience" is a major bonus x

I provide a well stocked, self serve beverage bar (teas, coffee, filtered water, etc...) comfortable lounge reception seating, and a flawless and extremely trained staff. (put the money into staff education instead of fluff. The return will be much greater.) host small gatherings from time to time, teaching clients styling techniques. Be involved in community by having art openings for local unknowns or fund raisers for a local cause. Making sure the public knows that your staff is knowledgable and talented as well as big hearted with be the biggest and best draw to your salon. Above and beyond giving away services to please them.

Maybe perfume samples, I was jst browsing eBay before reading this and saw 30 Vivienne Westwood samples for £40, probably others available, x

I don't doubt that one bit mister. I toot my own horn regularly over my own skill, HAHA!

Tried 9/0 with 9/83 and 20vol covered 80% white! Impressed much!

Tried 9/0 with 9/83 and 20vol covered 80% white! Impressed much!

You hair Colour deviant you. Breaking those Colour rules! I'm developing a geek crush! HAHA

Latest posts

Back