Radio advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I have the lady from Kick FM coming to see me tomorrow to discuss radio advertising. This is all rather alien to me as I listen to Radio 4, the world service and Radio 3!
Does anyone actually listen to radio ads, does anyone here have any experience at running an ad campaign using this medium?
I'm under no obligation to do anything at this stage, and I'm under no illusion that it will have people beating a path to my door, but I think it's something to be looked at.
All comments welcomed!
Thanks
:)

I haven't tried radio advertising before so can't help you there, but I am doing a 'winning weekend' in a couple of weeks time on the local station.

It works out a lot cheaper than actual advertising & I get loads of mentions by the DJs throughout the weekend.

Will have to keep you posted x

Hi,
A friend of mine is a DJ with Radio Clyde and sometimes gives a mention to any event that I let him know I'm involved in.
It's always surprising to me when people say that they heard about the event on the radio. I was of the impression that people didn't take note of the chatter on the radio, but this made me think otherwise.
It would be worth thinking about advertising there .................if the price is right, of course.
Alternatively, befriend a DJ, and get it free :smack:

Hi,
A friend of mine is a DJ with Radio Clyde and sometimes gives a mention to any event that I let him know I'm involved in.
It's always surprising to me when people say that they heard about the event on the radio. I was of the impression that people didn't take note of the chatter on the radio, but this made me think otherwise.
It would be worth thinking about advertising there .................if the price is right, of course.
Alternatively, befriend a DJ, and get it free :smack:

That's what's happened recently with me. Turns out that someone I chat with at my breakfast meetings is a stand in DJ at radio Suffolk. I ended up going into the studio yesterday to chat with her about the new Bali Spice Heaven treatment we're launching. Was on air for about 10 mins & got the business name mentioned a couple of times & my web address mentioned as well, touting gift vouchers. Hopefully nearer Christmas we shall get some spin off from it.

It just so happens that I worked as an advertising commercial sales rep for my local Radio Station for almost 3 years. Lincs FM. I've been asked 7 times to go back and work for them again, as apparently nobody could bring in the results I did - their words, not mine!
I worked in the advertising world for nearly 20 years - local rags, national magazines & radio.
What do you want to know??:lol:

Hello,
Well we did this at college the other day! :idea:
My tutor used to work at a spa and they did a series of radio ads.
She said they didn't think that they worked very well.

Mainly because there was so much information, offers, contact details etc to fit in such a small time space. It is rather expensive and target audiences need to be right for e.g-the school run in the morning etc. Not every body listens to the radio! And you cannot see what is being advertised or keep a record of what you have heard..unless you quickly write it down of courseeee.

In the end we ran through a lot of pro's and con's for each advertising option! Anyway I really don't know if this will be helpfull! :)

B xxx

Latest posts

Back