Radio license ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
Hi all
i am going to view a room to rent tomorrow for £90 per week, this includes all ultility bills, business rates etc and also she said radio license:eek:.
I have never heard of a radio license just tv license, has anyone else in hair or beauty in a salon know of this etc?

my mobile business hasn't heard a peek since i setup begin of December so thinking of renting a room in a hair salon before i forget how to do all my beauty treatments but nervous as it will be pricey if no clients come lol
but this room i will be looking at has a seprate shower room and a large beauty room all for me so sounds good , negitives it is upstairs in a hair salon that is above a beauty salon and i am loosing my confidence although i think i offer a good professional service with cnd products.
any help or advice appreciated.

You need two music licenses to play music in a salon one from ppl and one from prs. They start around £75 each per year dependant on the size of the salon.
Hth
Lauren xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

wow i never new that, that's something i have learnt this year.
thanks

If you use ichill music you don't need a licence. If you do a search on here you'll find all you need to know :)

I use Ichill music too, I pick up their cd's at trade shows and as far as I know I don't need a license. My last salon were investigating this before I left with PPL, but I left before the results came back.

You would need to check this out, but if you are a separate business within the salon then you may need your own licences. Might be worth looking into.

Hi You could try imsradio its like a regular radio station but without the PRS/PPL fees. :Grope:

Latest posts

Back