Re-using Footsie bath liners!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Yeeaaayy finally got my footsie bath today!
My question is have any of you footsie bath owners re-used the liners?
Now i only wonder this as i soak my other halfs feet regulary and also give my mum pedi`s quite often, so to save using up all the liners on them thought i could re-use them!!
It does say in the booklet not to re-use them but i guess for obvious reasons!!!

In no circumstances would i do this for clients, just don`t want to use them all upn on family!! :biggrin:

Im sure i have read on here somewhere that people clean them and save them for each client to reuse so they each have there own liner, you know put them in a bag or something with the clients name on so it is only used on that client and saves you some overheads

i agree, as long as it is being used on the same person i cant see a prob with family members. follow the normal sanitising/sterilising methods you would use after use.

I had heard something about them perishing/splitting with the heat but i guess there is only one way to find out!!
Thanks for your replys so far xx

The liners are quite delicate and I have had one or two had a slight split in them and as I am sure you will be aware, there is a tiny hole in the base of the foot spar so if a liner splits then the water dribbles out of the hole.

You could do what I have done and that is to 'plug' the hole with bluetac or similar then if a liner does split with using it more than once then at least you wont have water all over your floor.

You could put a dob of nail varnish on each liner for family members so that they are easily recognisable to you to reuse.

:hug:

Great idea thanks! x

I use a sticky label and place the clients name on it then stick it to the side of the liner.

I can usualy use it 3 times for that client then i bin it and get another out, but always sterilise and sanitise between each use even though its used on the same person.

Makes the clients feel that little bit special also when they see a liner with their name on for their personal use

Also i do the same with blue-tac and block the little hole up, ive had a few liners split & some with little cracks in the corner (this is where they are at the weakest) and its so not nice having to mop the puddle up of the floor infront of your client lol I have slate tiles all through the salon and its amazing how far water will travel along the grouting!!

I have been looking all over the net for this foot bath. Will someone please give me a link. Thanks!!

PS. Can this be used with US electricity?

Thanks so much. I don't think I can use it in the US. :cry:

Thanks so much. I don't think I can use it in the US. :cry:

It was invented by an American lady so I am sure it must be available over in the States. Maybe send an email to the people at the link above and they may be able to help you?

Hi fellow nail geeks!!

Im writing to let u all know that the liners are not designed to be re used nor recommended because some clients might be carrying something they wont discuss with you and you could be possible rein-infecting them if they are taking any type of meds.

Also the distributors of footsie bowls in the uk is 'PERFECT NAILS' they are also uk distributors for ESSIE and SECHE. 0844 800 9396.

They have new bowls in now and have re designed the outside of the bowl they look fab! Perfect Nails will be at olympia on May 20th and 21st!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey everyone,
i just recieved my bowl only the other day and have already used it several times i would say its the best purchase i have ever made! regarding the re-use of the liners i spoke to one of the very helpful girls from Perfect nails, where i purchased the bowl and they informed me that its not really the safest option to be re-using the liners, so guys to prevent the risk of some unhappy customers i say we just continue to dispose of the used ones! by the way if anyone is interested i just purchased the new spring collection by essie check them out there fab colours!!

have a great day fellow nail geeks! x

What is the point in buying a pedicure bowl with disposable liners if you are going to use the liners again and again? The 2 main reason i got my footsie bowl was because:-
1. its hygenic and says something to my clients about the service i offer
2. i dont have to scrub my bowl out inbetween pedicures which means i get more done and earn more money!

if i gave my clients a dirty liner to take home with them and told them to bring it back with them i dont think id see them or the liner ever again!

This is where you can buy your Footsie Bath. Footsiebath:professional Only. Pedicure Spa and Disposable Liner System
I tried the link above and it gave me an error. I purchased a Footsie Bath from my Beauty Supply Store and I've been using it for a couple months. I love it and so do my clients. Note: it does not whirlpool, it vibrates! However, the water stays nice and warm and the bottom of the spa feels good to your feet.

Alice

I have used the same liner a few times....for myself though!!
The whole idea of buying this is that you don't have to go through all the sanitation procedures....it saves time with clients.
And even reusing for myself bugged me because I want a treat!! So I use a new one...tbh the cost is so minimal it's hardly worth the bother...just go home and bin it or at work throw the old one away and start all new x

We were told that the liners were not designed to be reused. They are not that expensive -- and a pain to try to clean, so we do what they say and toss 'em. Bought them here: FOOTSIE BATH BEVERLY HILLS FootsieBath

hey I found the footsie bath liners at this site. postage was not bad, they had them in a pack of 100

Footsie Bath Replacement Liners 100 ct

the footsie is the best thing. love it!!

Tina
:)

Yes they are widely available in the US. I got two at the Premier show in Orlando two summers ago and we use them, with the liner support/lift and new disposable for every client whether they have been in before or not. We use them solely for the duel ion foot detox machine we use, they are absolutely perfect for that as in the old days folks used to use things like washing up bowls, lined with a bin bag, which is how they still do the foot detox at the shows....not a pretty site!

Regarding the OP, I wouldn't reuse the liners as a mater of personal choice.

Latest posts

Back