Reaction to threading!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Just had a call from a lovely older lady who was with us for a full face thread on Monday. It was her first time and though she didn't have very much on her face she was especially conscious of the downy hair under her jaw line and nearer to her ears. She loved the result and said she didn't feel it at all uncomfortable. She has called to say that she has come out in itchy lumps and especially under the jaw area. I am perplexed as have never had this with threading. We use treated thread and cleanse before with a sensitive pre wax cleanser and then we cool with after wax so perhaps she is allergic to one of those but she doesn't think it's that. Any ideas?

Sounds like she's had a histamine reaction. It's quite common with first time waxing/threading. Advise her to take a anti histamine tablet, if it doesn't subside then pop to the chemist. Just keep checking on her, she could be ok next time. Saying that I suffer with 'fluff'/downy hair on my face which I hate and I always break out in a itchy spotty rash around my chin each time I wax. Just one of those things, it always goes down after a few days. Xx

Latest posts

Back