Real Techniques brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
For those that use these brushes, which would you recommend for a liquid foundation?
The angled foundation brush
Stippling brush or
Expert face brush?

I'm a nail tech so not a beauty pro, so hopefully I can ask this on here (or chit chat forum?)

I'm currently using a flat brush and it's not blending very well

I actually use their contour brush, I find it blends my foundation in really well! I have the stippling one but not fussed on it!

Amanda xx

I have used the expert face brush with many different foundations and I love it, doesn't leave any brush marks and no sneaky bristles fall out x

Thanks for your replies :)
I'm new to this foundation malarkey lol :)

I never used to wear it, I always looked Cakey and I'd leave peachy marks everywhere (clothes, OH clothes, dressing gown etc) drove me mad!

But gave it another go with the real techniques and used less foundation, I now tend to concentrate on my t section and blend out so there's not much product to transfer onto collars and it works a charm x

i brought these brushes as a gift to myself for xmas. oh boy do i love them. I got the core collection, purple starter collection- mainly shading brushes and the pink blush brush, plus an additional shading brush.

The clean nice, they feel nice, they dont pick up too much product. I travel alot and they all fit in nicely into one case.

Some of the other brushes are very similar, they're great as you can dual use it for other stuff... im happy with all of these essential ones! definatly buy them! xoxo

I have one word to say about my t zone...... RED! Lol
The lady in boots 'machined' me n came up with my colour, calico.
I then told her I didn't own a blusher n she pulls out this cream stick in..... Wait for it..... Day glo pink!
She put the foundation on n blusher n it looked amazing. Almost an English rose look ;)
In going to get a brush tomorrow n I'm edging towards a natural pinky looking lipstick ;) , usually wear a tan colour, I'm totally out of my comfort zone mind lol) but in for a penny, in for a pound :)
Still daren't venture away from browny eyeshadow a yet though ;)

Ooh lovely! I've wanted to try that machine thing but too scared to ask haha x

Another recommendation for the expert face brush - I purchased it a week ago after seeing it in so many make-up tutorials. It's the best foundation brush I have used to date. It's great for liquid and mineral foundations and like another geek said it doesn't leave brush lines ect - its perfect!

Awesomeness :)
I'm gonna check out their tutorials, see if I can't figure out how to avoid looking like I've been punched in the face when I use eyeshadow lmao

The machine took about 5 seconds, she just held it too my face :)

One more question if it's ok?
Does anyone have the naked 3 palette?

My 12 yr old daughter insists I need it ;) but I'm worried they will be shiny colours n I've been told at my age I should stick to matt :)

I love the buffing brush from the core collection but the expert face brush is amazing too.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think I'll get the expert one :)

My 12 yr old daughter insists I need it ;) but I'm worried they will be shiny colours n I've been told at my age I should stick to matt :)

I have the naked 3 and I love it, there are only a few Matt colours, the rest are shimmery, more of a slight shimmer than a glitter in most of them I would say! The colours are quite subtle, I think they would suit most people! Although seeing as it's your daughter that's telling you to get I suspect that it might go missing if you do 😄

Amanda xx

Expert face brush is excellent! X

Me and my 15 year old daughter have it, lovely colours and mixture, I really want to get the 2 as the colours seem darker. X

I'm going to a lady gaga tribute on Friday n my daughters desperate to give me a lady gaga makeover!
I'm 45, I think not lol

She wants to get me the palette for my birthday ;)
She loves doing makeup but doesn't wear it herself :)

I'm going to a lady gaga tribute on Friday n my daughters desperate to give me a lady gaga makeover!
I'm 45, I think not lol

She wants to get me the palette for my birthday ;)
She loves doing makeup but doesn't wear it herself :)

I'm 40 and it's ideal, you will love it :) xx well you both will ;) xx

Just bought the expert face brush, the core collection brush set and a pinky lipstick (well it is a 3 for 2 offer) ;)
Will be watching makeup videos today and after school my 10 n 12 yr old daughters will have one side of my face each ;)
Someone shoot me now lol

Such good brushes, I read on here that they use them at Chanel counters?!

I loooove the base foundation brush in the core collection, the round flatfish kinda one? Also the contour brush is great.

Naked 3 is really lovely but there is a lot of sparkle on it, if you want to stick to matte you are probably better off with the naked basics pallette, and its cheaper too because there are 6 shadows instead of 12..Sllek do some really really good pallettes for just 9.99 too & highly pigmented!

Latest posts

Back