Really nervous about first spray tan client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearl

Reaction score
Hi

I did my training on Monday for spray tan and I am really nervous about doing my first client. I am doing it for free, told her I want a little more practice before I charge.

But my nerves are all over the place, I have been a beauty therapist for 14 years, whats wrong with me.

I am worried, will the cubicle fit in her house, will I get it down, most of all will I leave patches, will it streak.

:(

Go on YouTube and search pop up spray tan tent or something along those lines, there is a clip on their that shows you how to do it super fast, really helped me as I forgot how to put my tent down then practice lol!!

I know what u mean you want to look professional but don't want a full on fight with a pop up tent!

Your tan will be fine, good luck honey just take your time xx

Is there not any friends or family that you could practice on before you do this client?

I know it's hard but try not to worry about every thing. I'm sure you'll do fine!

Practice putting the tent up and down the evening before so you know what your doing. Also I have the narrowest of kitchens and my tent fits in there so I know that my tent should fit in most kitchens!

Just go for it! Act confident! You'll be fine! <3

I have practiced on some family and friends, but I am scared that the tan will look awful, patchy etc or that I will miss a bit

We were taught to spray in a set way so we dont forget, but struggling to remember it and having to fill in gaps. Does this matter?

x

Im still new to spray tanning and still worry i will miss a bit so what I do is after i have completed the tan i just get them to step out of the tent and slowly turn around so i can see if i can spot any lighter areas, then if there is just get them to step back in and touch the tan up, it doesn't make you look bad, if anything they like the fact you are taking extra care to make sure you have covered everywhere.

As for the tent I still have trouble getting it down sometimes, I just laugh it off and say "they don't teach you this part on the training", the client generally laughs with you and its fine, don't worry too much, you will be fine x

I did my tans and have done a few since. But I am still really nervous about doing them.

Think there is so much to remember and am scared about all equipment over there room its very intrusive to there space, plus at night I take a small lamp that I attach to the lamp but its not enough to see missed areas, I do keep it compact and on a waterproof sheet but the thought of tan spilling or leaking is just getting me down.

What does eveyone else with regard to this on a mobile basis?

:(

Latest posts

Back