Really terrible nails, can i have some advise please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi :) i am new although i have read alot on here before registering, my problem is my nails, i would be so grateful for some advise
I have bitten them for as long as i can remember and have had times where i try to look after them and they recooperate a little, then i get stressed or one breaks and i bite them all off again.
I have a problem with the skin on my nails too, if i see a bit of loose skin i bite, then bite some more to try a smooth it out but i make my finger so red...but smooth:rolleyes:
Well i havent bitten them badly since the beginning of oct this year and they are so much better, apart from the index finger nails (i actually used to shred layers off my nails on these:eek: and they look deformed now, they slope and there is no nail at the end of my finger as the slope is so dipped iykwim that when they try to grow they just peel....i use loads of solar oil and am really trying to look after them , do you think they will get better and would it be helpful if i post some pictures...
I dare not go to a professional yet as i am embarrassed and thought when they grow a little more i will treat myself
sorry its so long

The best thing you can do is to go to a professional for a consultation. They will more than likely have seen much worse so don't feel embarrassed. They will be able to look at your nails and suggest a program of treatments to get them back into shape and regular visits will be your incentive to stop the dreaded picking and biting. It can be done, honest.

I'd totally agree. A professional has probably seen and treated nails a whole lot worse than yours. I've seen pictures on here of clients with absolutely NO nail left. Going to someone, discussing your treatment plan and having regular visits will stop you having this bad habit. You'll be amazed how quickly you can see a difference in your nails.
Marion xx

I have very thin nail also. They split and bend. The only resolution I have had for this is to have acrylic overlay put on them. It gives them strength. And you can have them as short as you need. Also do you take a good multi-vitamin? When I was taking pre-natal vitamins, my nails were at there best.

~krystal~

Thank you, i think its probably best, i will get booked in, i will be embarrassed but i think the best thing is to get them covered with something so they have time to grow? but i think they are too sloped to be covered?
My other nails are not too bad now its just the 2 index f ones , would they be able to put an overlay on them
I tried to put a picture on but i couldnt do it
from the side of my nail is completely humped where the cuticle is, is a bump then slopes downs severly leaving about 3mm of skin at the end...i hope they would be able to cover it :(
Thank you for your replies :)

my nails have always been tough because I drink a lot of milk and if i tried to bite them i could end up re-arranging my teeth :irked:

Latest posts

Back