Really worried re National Insurance bill!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
Just got a letter from hmrc thought ooh it will be my log in details so I can finally sort my tax return out:
Well it wasn't it was a national insurance bill for £122 I don't understand y I've received this I have a full time job and pay national insurance on that..

This letter is dated the 8th jan and states it must be paid by jan 20th but I've only just received it! I'm being pathetic but I'm actually really scared....iobviously I have to ring them but I have half hour for my dinner and last time I rang then it said the lines were busy call later and disconnected me, it did this 3 times and its 0845 so costs a fortune to call!!!!

do u have the correct tax code?? have u asked your boss? xx

I don't think it's anything to do with my full time job think it's with me being self employed they dnt know I work full time or something?
Thing is I rang up on saturday and they said I wasn't even registered oh right so how come their sending me letters demanding money

We can speculate all we like about this but the only way you're going to get a definitive answer is to call them. 0845 numbers cost 2p per minute I believe.

Just got a letter from hmrc thought ooh it will be my log in details so I can finally sort my tax return out:
Well it wasn't it was a national insurance bill for £122 I don't understand y I've received this I have a full time job and pay national insurance on that..

This letter is dated the 8th jan and states it must be paid by jan 20th but I've only just received it! I'm being pathetic but I'm actually really scared....iobviously I have to ring them but I have half hour for my dinner and last time I rang then it said the lines were busy call later and disconnected me, it did this 3 times and its 0845 so costs a fortune to call!!!!

Hi, you say that you are waiting to sort out your tax return but that you are in a full time job and pay NI. Are you also self employed? Your tax office should have your company PAYE code on file but if you have started up a self employment too and the earnings are quite small (can't remember the amounts off hand) you can apply of Certificate of Exemption from paying more NI. It is all on the HMRC website.

We can speculate all we like about this but the only way you're going to get a definitive answer is to call them. 0845 numbers cost 2p per minute I believe.

I was planning to ring them all along just wanted to see if any1 had experienced this before I got chance to ring them.

Sorted, actually got through to them!! Basically they have cancelled this bill and I will get a new bill for the time I was self emp before I started my FT job.. But I can cancel that by giving my earnings as I didn't earn anything. Feel so much better and wasn't as much of a hassle as usual. I hate being self emp for the sake of say 2 sets of nails a month...grr!

Latest posts

Back