Reasonable commission split for this scenario?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I’ll be offering Eyelash Extensions. I don’t have any clients as the salon is not in my area, 45 minute drive. All clients are the salon owner’s. Clients will have to co-ordinate with the salon owner for their appointment first as she uses the room for waxing and spray tan too. Then the salon owner will co-ordinate with me.

So, salon owners clients, couch, tea/coffee and clients co-ordinating with salon owner for appointment. I will be using all my own products.

What do you think is a fair commission split for both of us?

I think 20 to 25% is a fair deal to the salon owner as you are responsible for buying the products and materials.

I think 20 to 25% is a fair deal to the salon owner as you are responsible for buying the products and materials.

Thank you.

Anyone else any thought on this?

20% sounds fair. As the salon is 45 mid away though I would advise you to set a regular day or a fate per month to do this and block book. As you don't want to be going back a forth in the same day morning and afternoon.
Good luck.
On a personal note how much do you charge? I charge £99 full set of semi perm lashes which includes free infill but don't get slot of customers. Amy advise on price or how to promote would really help, thanks.
Amanda

I think 25% sounds a fair split - any less and it may not be worth the salon owner setting the room aside (depending on what you charge in the first place) - any more and it becomes less attractive for you. The only drawback is the 45 min commute - I would encourage the salon to 'block book' you where possible. Is it still going to be worth your while with the travelling expenses going for just 1 client?

Have you offered her a percentage yet? :hug:

Thank you Funkymanda and Cherish.

You're right about the block booking. We will probably do this on Saturday's. I have a day job Monday-Friday so if I could only really do 1 full set after work. unless I realty speed up and manage to get a full set done in 1.5 hours. That is a very long way away though.

I'm starting with £50 as an introductory offer then going to £70.

Thank you Funkymanda and Cherish.

You're right about the block booking. We will probably do this on Saturday's. I have a day job Monday-Friday so I could only really do 1 full set after work. Unless I really speed up and manage to get a full set done in 1.5 hours. That is a very long way away though.

I'm starting with £50 as an introductory offer then going to £70.

Latest posts

Back