rebalancing - still having problems!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi

after reading gigi's threads and trying and trying i am still getting the visible line when i rebalance nails!!!!!

would anyone consider a one to one tutorial??? i will pay, but not sure i can afford gigi!!

its really getting me down as i can do lovely nails with lovely smiles but my confidence is so down on rebalance that i dont want to do it!!

please please help me!!!

xx

looby4444 said:
hi

after reading gigi's threads and trying and trying i am still getting the visible line when i rebalance nails!!!!!

would anyone consider a one to one tutorial??? i will pay, but not sure i can afford gigi!!

its really getting me down as i can do lovely nails with lovely smiles but my confidence is so down on rebalance that i dont want to do it!!

please please help me!!!

xx
why not book a 1-2-1 at your local academy, believe me its well worth it.

don't let it get you down... i'd say definitely go a 1-2-1 or book on a Real Rebalancing class.
there's nothing worse than dreading doing a particular service/treatment :hug:
if you're shown the techniques then you'll find it a lot easier and start to enjoy doing the rebalances again.

ok,

how do i go about this??

or i could maybe go to a salon and watch them?

just phone the academy and book a 1-2-1.

Its probably not really a good idea to go to a salon and watch someone else work unless you are really sure of the quality of their work as if they have any bad habits you are likely to pick Those up too:)

yeah i know deep down i should book the 121!

im starting a teaching course for nails soon hence why i need to brush up on rebalance!!! so im a bit broke

How much is it??

looby4444 said:
yeah i know deep down i should book the 121!

im starting a teaching course for nails soon hence why i need to brush up on rebalance!!! so im a bit broke

How much is it??

Just think of all that money you'll make when you are really goood at rebelancing... Rebalancing takes up 80% of my working hours... You can earn the price of your workshop in a few days! Go on ring them!

looby4444 said:
im starting a teaching course for nails soon hence why i need to brush up on rebalance!!!

Hi Louise,

I read this as being you are about to train to become a nail tutor?

Do you feel this is wise as you are still struggling with rebalance? This is one thing a student is desperate for help with, and will hound an educator for assistance and guidance.
I would be curious to know which company/ training institute would take you on when you sound like your still needing training yourself?

If I have mis read this, please take no offence I'm meerly curious as I know how hard, physically and mentally it is to be an educator capable of meeting your students needs and expectations. !

Envy said:
Hi Louise,

I read this as being you are about to train to become a nail tutor?

Do you feel this is wise as you are still struggling with rebalance? This is one thing a student is desperate for help with, and will hound an educator for assistance and guidance.
I would be curious to know which company/ training institute would take you on when you sound like your still needing training yourself?

If I have mis read this, please take no offence I'm meerly curious as I know how hard, physically and mentally it is to be an educator capable of meeting your students needs and expectations. !
I thought the same thing. I was recently approached about becoming a trainer & have tucked it away for an idea for in the future. At the moment I don't think I'm good enough & think it would be so much preassure. I'm working towards maybe doing it in the future.

hi envy

yeah i am going to train to become a tutor, but you have to have this qualification so i will have to do it at some point so why not get it done now?

i onkly have troubles with removing lift...everything else im totally fine with , so think that i can give it a go.

i know im biting off alot but i like a challenge!!

hi

just to let you know, i did a rebalance last night, and i used the method of filing under the lift. instead of getting fed up with nothing happening, i carried on and sure enough the lift popped off leaving no line!!

i was so excited....my client was wondering why i was so chuffed with myself!!

im so pleased ive mastered the technique at long last! thanks gigi!

One thing i always stand by with training ........ you will usually only be as good as your teacher, as an example, if you are inexperienced and reach the same standard as your teacher, you will prob think you are pretty good (as you should) BUT, what if your teacher isn't all that good in the first place ?

As a new technician you should respect your teachers knowledge and quite innocently not realise they "lack" in many areas.
Teaching should be done by reputable and "proven" technicians, this industry usually lacks who qualifies who (without profit coming into the equation of course).

Please, please, please, excel at what you do before you pass that knowledge on (and i mean excel, not merely pass). I say this with a passion for our industry and a need for fully fledged, fully qualified technicians passing on years and years of experience.

Looking at the complaints time & time again in here, it's about time learning this career should ensure our clients and enjoyable and professional experience, not the current "hit & miss experience" by (so called technicians).
It's time to pick up the game in education, otherwise the nail industry will be considered a farce by the general public, heaven knows, many do already.

The only company with stage by stage appreciation of training seems to be Creative, with their masters, certificate, ambassador etc standards being quite well respected worldwide. I'm not even Creative trained or user, but still acknowledge and respect their standards.

EVERYONE SHOULD PICK UP ON THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE BEFORE THEY PASS IT ON, OTHERWISE THE PUBLIC WILL PICK UP ON THE TERMINOLOGY WE USE IN HERE .....OF ***NSS*** salons, technicians and educators, and you may be the next person rumored to be just that ........ NSS , I'd imagine it would be a difficult and damaging reputation to shake.

ok, a fair point which i agree with

however ive been doing nails a while and i believe that no matter how good you are, you can always inprove, which is why im looking to touch up on rebalance, only then will i consider teaching.

i HAVE to do this teaching course at some point in my life so whats wrong with getting it out of the way now while i can afford it and im in a situation to be able to (with work commitments etc)

Latest posts

Back