Recipe for a shimmery pink acrylic anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Hi Girls & Guys
I was hoping that someone would have a recipe of how to make a shimmery pink acrylic. I dont want it glittery I want a pink that has a nice shimmer without any bits in it. Would any of the Metro powders do it? I want to be able to add a little to pink acrylic to make a shimmery french set or a bit to be able to a nice opaque pink to make a coloured french. If anyone knows also of a recipe to add to white to make a white shimmer would ge great. Am I making sense!!!!!!!!!! Hope so.
Thanking you in advance
xxx:Love:

Mosaic Twilight is perfect for this application. For your clear pink with shimmer, try 4 parts Perfect Color Pink and one part Twilight. It's also a great additive to PC white, for your shimmery white, and to any of the Mosaic colors to make them sparkle without the chunky bits of glitter. :)

That sounds easy. Will try it. Thanks heaps i will buy some asap. At the moment I just put this shimmery nail polish over the top of my french and I get heaps of compliments. Is there any other nice little tips anyone else can give for this kind of thing.:Love:

Hiya
I use strata suspended illuminations to add shimmer to my gels but they can be added to l&p too ...heres the link you have to scroll down the page about halfway

STRATA PS

they aren`t glitter but very fine like eyeshadow powders and the colours are gorgeous:D HTH

Karen, what's your powder to gel ratio? I do gels and this sounds fab and would like to try it, just can't get that ratio right at times.

Hiya
I use strata suspended illuminations to add shimmer to my gels but they can be added to l&p too ...heres the link you have to scroll down the page about halfway

STRATA PS

they aren`t glitter but very fine like eyeshadow powders and the colours are gorgeous:D HTH
I had heard about them but had forgotten about them. Do you know if the French powders by them are shimmery?
xxx:D

Did anyone else have any ideas?
:Love:

Karen, what's your powder to gel ratio? I do gels and this sounds fab and would like to try it, just can't get that ratio right at times.

hiya
theres no need to worry about ratios when adding to gel..I mix it with my topgloss gel in small pots ..you only need a tiny bit to make a nice shimmer ..the rosegold one is my fave !! let me know if you need any help:D

I had heard about them but had forgotten about them. Do you know if the French powders by them are shimmery?
xxx:D

hiya
I didn`t see your question when I just replied ..if you use the suspended illuminations you can make your own shimmer french powders with your regular l&p...it has instructions and a scoop to measure in the pack .

Ooooh thanks! Might get some of these too!! Love products, like i dont have enough!

:p Has anyone tried the Tammy Taylor Prizma powders. They have a French white and a French pink.dont know if they are glittery or shimmery. any one using them that can advise?
cheers

I have some of the gels that Karen made for me and they are fabby. All my clients have them on top of either NN, french or colour nails.

I am deff going to get some of the additives. Sensual Nails also sell them.

HTH

Rachel

I havnt my self tried the Tammy Taylor range... But I do know of a couple of Aussie geeks that do- Sam1 - shelly[ Aussie rep for TT]
If you cant find their profiles here you can find the on the apfa site in the members list.

HtH

XX J XX

I havnt my self tried the Tammy Taylor range... But I do know of a couple of Aussie geeks that do- Sam1 - shelly[ Aussie rep for TT]
If you cant find their profiles here you can find the on the apfa site in the members list.

HtH

XX J XX
Thanks for the tip, will ask them.
cheers

Latest posts

Back