Recommendations for Cosmeceutical/Aesthetic skincare brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am looking for a Cosmeceutical skincare brand for the salon i am thinking of Image Skincare as i am fully trained in the brand (from a previous job) and i love the products and the peels are amazing! However.. I am a one man band i have the 1st Floor in a busy hair salon and i know the opening order for Image skincare can be quite expensive just wanted to know if any fellow skin geeks could recommend any other similar brands that i could investigate as well? Much appreciated xx

Some great advanced skin brands that you may consider are
Dermaquest
Medik8
Priori

All very good brands

Some great advanced skin brands that you may consider are
Dermaquest
Medik8
Priori

All very good brands

thank you very much i will read up on all of them so far i have emailed Dermaceutic and mene & moy for more information as i have briefly had a play with them a few years ago in a previous job

I'm interested in this also. I love my everyday range but would like a cosmeceutical range to deal with specific and more radical skin issues.

Most of the brands I hear about ie Environ are already being used by other salons in town which is frustrating.

I also would prefer as a range to be as natural as possible, but is that asking for the impossible?

Thanks.

Environ skincare produce amazing results, and well worth the £5k price tag to open an account. I've had half of the money back already! I like the fact this skincare company insist on full training and a vast amount of funds to open an account. I think it prevents saturation and prevents any old opportunist picking it up and misusing it just because it is affordable to the minority. These are very advanced high end products and should be kept that way. Good on you IIAA.....

Just a shame that they can't keep it off eBay though.
On the saturation point I had to have a difficult conversation with a very disappointed salon owner who wanted to stock our brand. We discovered that she was a couple of streets away from an existing stockist (completely different postcodes though!) and I tried to explain that there would be too much competiton. She was really, really cross about it, but I just didn't think it was fair to either party to have two stockists so close together.

There is a salon down the road (1.3miles to be exact) that has just started using Image the brand and treatments i really want to bring to the salon, but i feel really bad because when i worked with the brand before i had a real passion for it and if i decide to bring it into my salon i don't want her to think i'm doing it to be in competition with her or coping her because im not i just really love the brand and treatments damn my timing i should have got in there first hahaha :)

Have Image approved your application for a trade account knowing that you're so close to an existing stockist?

not sure i phoned today they took my address contact number etc and they are sending out an area Rep next month

Just a shame that they can't keep it off eBay though.
On the saturation point I had to have a difficult conversation with a very disappointed salon owner who wanted to stock our brand. We discovered that she was a couple of streets away from an existing stockist (completely different postcodes though!) and I tried to explain that there would be too much competiton. She was really, really cross about it, but I just didn't think it was fair to either party to have two stockists so close together.

Absolutely. Most of the well recognised companies have the same problem with unauthorised sellers on eBay. Not a lot you can do about that unfortunately. I have noticed though that the prices are still quite high and there are a lot of one off unwanted presents. They have recently won a law suit in the high court regarding an unauthorised online seller. It does ruin it. I also think for a high vitamin product to be in the wrong hands causes unnecessary negativity. .. Especially when the person using it has a reaction to it ....then had the cheek to say it's crap and then starts complaining about it and writing negative reviews.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
not sure i phoned today they took my address contact number etc and they are sending out an area Rep next month

Next MONTH?!

Strewth! We deal with all our enquiries within 48 hours!

Although Environ isn't too bad on ebay; 23 results for environ. Compared to say Dermalogica; 3,643 results for Dermalogica.

At least they seem to try...lol

Next MONTH?!

Strewth! We deal with all our enquiries within 48 hours!

yea that was my fault, i phoned skingeeks directly i just said to them next month as this is when i will be making my final decision saying that the area rep contacted me at half 9 this morning to book an appointment :)

Although Environ isn't too bad on ebay; 23 results for environ. Compared to say Dermalogica; 3,643 results for Dermalogica.

3,643 results!! Yikes! Thants why i want to stay away from dermalogica you can get the products everywhere plus i wasn't that impressed when i tried a few samples xx

Hi take a look at puramed professional

We have been using mesoestetic. The skin peels are amazing and our clients love them. The brand is perhaps not as well known as others that have been mentioned here but the results are fantastic.

Environ for me - the best thing I have ever put on my sagging, ageing, mature skin!

But I don't look bad for 50 (in March) not that I'm counting!

Vicki x

I just had a look to see if ours is on eBay. Huzzah! Not a single item on there.
We police the entire internet VERY closely to ensure Swissdermyl is available ONLY from authorised salons.

I just had a look to see if ours is on eBay. Huzzah! Not a single item on there.
We police the entire internet VERY closely to ensure Swissdermyl is available ONLY from authorised salons.

Let's hope it doesn't happen. The bigger you become the worse it gets.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back