Recommendations for Cosmeceutical/Aesthetic skincare brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Environ are great products but not very great support. Very poor on the sample front (you have to practically beg) and you have to pay for training too. I also use Sothys which on the other end of the spectrum have the best customer support I've ever had and their products are great too.Well worth a look.

Any company that "gives" you free training is being disingenuous about it. I can absolutely, utterly, 100% guarantee that you're paying for it on every single product you buy from them.

Environ are great products but not very great support. Very poor on the sample front (you have to practically beg) and you have to pay for training too. I also use Sothys which on the other end of the spectrum have the best customer support I've ever had and their products are great too.Well worth a look.

I have yet to witness this I must admit. I clearly have a great Environ rep who answers my emails at 11pm, and I have drawers of samples from them. I have more support from two months working with Environ than I ever will with CACI - I couldn't tell you from one week to the next who my rep even is! And as for free training....really! with a CACI machine that costs 14k ... I could buy two cars with a years road tax, two years insurance and ten years of free tyres! they claim free training, not with a price tag that high, of that I'm confident!! I'm just glad I don't need to rely on CACI as probably I would be disappointed. The minimum order cost is £100+ even if you want one item! That I don't agree with...but I love what the machine does and the name behind it. Not much else I'm afraid.

I cannot fault Environs customer service. Today we are having a skin event. My rep is super flexible about times and is seeing one of my regs in her lunch break as my slots are full. We usually take a lot of money in retail on these days - all profits are mine - and what does it cost me? Nothing!

I'm not big on samples. I had loads when I had Thalgo as my skincare brand, and retailed virtually nothing. Clients were glad of the samples, just rarely bought anything. Now I offer them a full refund on Environ if they're not happy, so they buy with confidence.

I think it is all dependent on the rep - I have had a not so good one, but my current one is so gorgeous I'd like to adopt her!

Vicki x

i received an info pack and samples from Medik8 and had a lovely chat to Martine and i have to say im very impressed i think this could be my new range :)

also received and info pack from Cosmeceuticals on their range vitage and priori and was not impressed the pack only contained photocopy of pages from magazines, newspapers etc that they appeared in and a price list there was hardly anything actually about the products

Haven't really heard back from any of the other brands i emailed...
i think its medik8 for me xx

I haven't seen my Environ rep for 3 years. I hold events every month and don't get me wrong, I do very well out of them but I find their back up support exceptionally poor (but I agree nowhere near as bad as CACI who take the prize). I think the problem is made worse by the contrast in amazing customer service I've had since taking on Sothys. I was recently on an environ refresher course and myself and others brought up our concerns strongly with the trainer who said she would have a meeting and get someone to call us regarding the issues. So far no phone all back.......

Just to clarify I see my skin analyst every month but she's not my rep, I haven't seen or heard from her in years.

I guess with all brands it's a try before you buy. Go have facials from all the ones you are interested in and get as much info from the salons as possible. I would also get as much info from the brands themselves.

I am a trainer for Environ and I would want to know what else can I do with this product range eg is it just facials? Do they offer. Peels? What about advanced aesthetic procedures like micro needling! ( all of which Environ does) also what support will I get from the company eg skin analyst events, rep meetings, seminars etc?

Working topically on the skin gets some great results but can you add to these results with nutritional supplements with the company you decide to work with? In the Uk and Ireland, Environ is looked after by the iiaa which also has The Advanced Nutrition Program which can boost results from the inside.

And as for eBay, we try! Honestly! If we find accounts selling on eBay we close them down.

Good luck with your search, hope you find something that works well for you.

X Aileen

Do you expect your reps to phone you then? I would just expect to be there when I needed them etc

Do you expect your reps to phone you then? I would just expect to be there when I needed them etc

i have a doctor that comes in to do anti wrinkle injections etc and his company send out a rep every 2 months just to give me info on new treatments, ask how im getting on and drop me some marketing materials etc that's the only rep i have.
At the moment the hairdresser downstairs gets one in once a month for her clynol products and the GHD rep visits quite regularly
i think its nice to have a rep come in think it justs keep you in the loop with your products and treatments although having them at the end of the phone is good too i just think having them visit every now and again is nice its more personal xx

I would expect to at least have the odd phone all from my rep and maybe an occasional visit to keep up to date with things, or am I old fashioned?!

Latest posts

Back