Recommendations for good Nail Book

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeLouise

Reaction score
I'm wanting a nail book that covers pretty much everything, manicures, pedicures, gels, acrylics, tips, full nail, nail art....
Anybody got any recommendations?

Marian newman the complete nail technician 3rd edition.... Fantastic book

Marian newman the complete nail technician 3rd edition.... Fantastic book

Agreed! And when you've exhausted Marian's book, I'd recommend Doug Schoon's Nail Structure and Product Chemistry (cool science!). Then when you want THE book on nail enhancements, read Gigi Rouse's Nailclass. Warning: reading up on nails is addictive! :D

I also have all 3..........recommend getting then all.....xxx

You can't get all you want from just one book so sorry about that. Each book mentioned has its own area of expertise.

Doug - the chemistry and natural nail knowledge
Marrian - the practical side of everything
Gigi - the techniques of how to make beautiful enhancements

None of the books really cross over or repeat the same information.

As nail technicians, Marian and I have both learned from Doug. Marian has learned from me and I from her ... and we would be the first to acknowledge that. WE all have our own areas of excellence and have written about it.

As a scientist, Doug stands alone. But even Doug has learned from me and from Marian on more than several occasions because he has his ear to the ground and values the smart technicians' input.

As everyone is saying, you cannot go wrong with these three books. I only need to get Doug's book now and I'll have a full set. :)

You could check to see if Amazon does some kind of buy them all deal like I've seen on there sometimes.

I have all 3. I refer to them all the time. Specially gigi's. It's a brilliant workbook. :)

Latest posts

Back