Recommendations - mail order waxes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
I currently use gel wax (strip) from Sally's but my local is shutting and I've had so many bad experiences with beauty express lately I refuse to rely on them any more...

I'm looking for feedback on Adam & Eve, Delsera or any others before I decide...company satisfaction etc, speed of delivery, value for money etc

Thanks

Perron Rigot are planning a Discovery Workshop in Glasgow in November. If it's convenient for you or get to then come along and try out all the waxes for yourself.

Can you pm me venue etc?

I buy perron rigot wax from perron rigot (Thalgo) and it is extremely speedy and free p & p, so a big thumbs up from me x

Adam and Eve uk's customer service is pretty much the best I've ever experienced from a distributor. They are great.

As for products... will let you know tuesday when I do my first braz with their non strip wax! :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Adam and Eve hot wax - coconut and lime, fantastic product and brilliant results.

Customer service is outstanding - Karen gives amazing help and advice as a trained therapist. I will be expanding my range to strip wax too. I tried PR recently and didn't like it as much as Adam and Eve.

Can you pm me venue etc?
The details will be on the Perron Rigot FB page very soon as we are just finalising the times for the workshops. It's going to be on Monday 24th November.

Do you think the product makes a difference? If yes in what way specifically? Not a rude question, genuinely interested. Can a waxer with a good technique get along just as well with a cheaper wax?
I personally always quite liked a cream wax, but have a therapist who hated it so rather than stock both we use gel as I can work with both....I've never particularly enjoyed working with honey wax but was trained in college with it (can't remember why I changed, probably an offer) I also quite liked tea tree wax, but again some clients hated the smell.

The outback Organics true blue is a gel type strip wax. And so next day delivery for phone / online orders.

If looking for a good new wax is suggest getting along to olympia beauty, pro beauty north or the hair removal expo in the next few months to try many different brands and type of wax.

Do you think the product makes a difference? If yes in what way specifically? Not a rude question, genuinely interested. Can a waxer with a good technique get along just as well with a cheaper wax?
I personally always quite liked a cream wax, but have a therapist who hated it so rather than stock both we use gel as I can work with both....I've never particularly enjoyed working with honey wax but was trained in college with it (can't remember why I changed, probably an offer) I also quite liked tea tree wax, but again some clients hated the smell.

I've not tried Adam and Eve strip wax yet as I've got load of creme wax to use up (I hated using honey wax and would never go back to it). However, the hot wax is hugely different. The stuff we used at college was like a melted toffee apple and went brittle. My coconut and lime hot wax is a dream. I use the oil in conjuction and it stays pliable and grabs (almost shrink wraps) around the hair rather than the skin. I would NEVER go back to cheap hot wax and I'm just a little home salon.

I've not tried Adam and Eve strip wax yet as I've got load of creme wax to use up (I hated using honey wax and would never go back to it). However, the hot wax is hugely different. The stuff we used at college was like a melted toffee apple and went brittle. My coconut and lime hot wax is a dream. I use the oil in conjuction and it stays pliable and grabs (almost shrink wraps) around the hair rather than the skin. I would NEVER go back to cheap hot wax and I'm just a little home salon.
Same here.

I think I'm a good waxer but when I did a trade test with nasty cheap wax I found it a challenge. Not saying you can't do a good job with cheaper wax but the better quality wax is just better for you and client.

I'm trying out my Adam & Eve hot wax tonight, so I'm excited to see how I get on with it. They've been great and even helped me out on the phone with tips for using it as I was a bit nerv changing from the wax I trained with!! haha

I think if you are an experienced waxer you can pretty much adapt and successfully use most strip waxes for your larger areas.

Different strip waxes will have different melting points so maybe more fluid and easier to use at a lower more comfortable temperature.

Creme wax can be good for a learner as its a bit thicker and more controllable than a fluid wax.They also usually contain titanium dioxide which provides a bit of a barrier for the skin and can aid release,so less chance of grazing or bruising.

For strip I use various mid priced roller waxes and pot wax ie salon system,hive, gigi I've also used more expensive strip waxes like Perron rigot,cetuem,Berins but can't really say they were anymore effective for me to want to spend that much more and put the cost of my service up.

Hot wax is different though and it is worth spending a bit more for a bother free wax.We use Perron Rigot Homme as after trying many,this is what we prefer.Low melting point so very comfortable controllable working temperature.Sets up in good time,doesn't snap or stretch.

I have used cheaper hot waxes though like just wax coconut wax,hive and they have been good but not as easy to use as Perron and there isn't a huge price difference as Perron can go on quite thin compared to some of the cheaper hot waxes which will snap.

Latest posts

Back