Such thing as a "bad batch" wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
I have been using Perron rigot cristal ocean & euroblond since I started my mobile business earlier this year. I have always found both to be an absoloute delight to work with, my clients love them too, and I am beginning to get a very good reputation locally for my waxing. However, late last week i took delivery of 6 more tins of cristal. I opened the first on Sunday to wax myself & my daughter. It was a nightmare from start to finish, although applying lovely, it just was not removing the hairs - in fact, I would say it pulled out less than 50% on my legs. I also had problems with it sticking etc (even though i use the complete range of pr wax-care products including Jasmine oil). I put it down to an "off" day! However on Monday, I had the same problems with all 3 waxing clients - I played with the temp (thinking it could just be the humidity) but to no joy. At the end of the day I discarded the pot & decided to start afresh with another tin. But this gave exactly the same problems - I have had a nightmare week, and resorted to using an old pot of salon systems creme wax!
Is there any such thing as a "bad batch" or is it down to the weather etc. I am by no means an expert in waxing, but it is my fav & most popular treatment, and I just cant work out what went wrong!
Thank you in advance for your time x

I'm sure it is possible.

Did you buy from your usual supplier? I would give them a call and explain your problem.

No, I usually buy direct from Thalgo, but beauty express sent me a 10% off voucher so I used them (first time).

It could be the hot weather as that can effect waxes considerably. It has been exceptionally hot and humid hasn't it? I am sure Kim will be around later and she will know better than me about this wax in particular. :cool:

Thanks Shedunlop, I hope its a heat thing, its a bit cooler here today, so i'm going to try it again on my friend this evening. I shall await Kim's arrival though :biggrin:

I agree about the heat but I would contact Thalgo with the batch number just in case there is a faulty batch. They will change the wax for you.

Well I'm defiantly going to call Thalgo and see what they suggest. Have just tried again on my friend, in her lovely air conditioned room & it still a nightmare, really just doesn't seem right. Hmm maybe it's a good excuse to try homme - been tempted for a while!
Thanks all x

www.athomeatherapy.com

Latest posts

Back