Recurring Colds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
I got a terrible cold just before christmas and now I can't seem to shift it. I have about a week or so where it's gone and I'm fine and then it comes back again for a few days. I know it's a cold as I can feel it in my sinus and sometimes I have the green mucus. I went to my doctors but they didn't give me anything, was hoping for a course of antibiotics to shift it. Anybody else experiencing the same problem or could offer advice? I have never been so ill and I have a 3 and 2 year old to look after. Starting to feel really down about it.:mad:

Wow you poor thing!!

It really sounds to me like you have a Sinus infection and it would be cleared up in a few days with a course of antibiotics.

A cold would never last that long!!

I'm no Doctor obviously, but I'd get a second opinion on it if I were you... I really hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

Thank you An*gel and you are right, I've made an appointment for tomorrow morning, I need to get this sorted:hug:

Hiii, i've been ill a lot more than usual this year! keep getting really bad colds but i think my problem is that my kids are 6 & 3 so they are bringing a lot of germs home from nursery & school!!! i've just started taking a course of vitamins to see if i can get myself a bit stronger, i just need to remember to take the bloody things though! Hope you are feeling better soon!x

Echinaccea is the best thing to take as it boosts your immune system and helps you prevent a cold from taking hold!

This does sound like sinusitus though and I would have thought antibiotics would be the way to go.
Menthol Crystals will really help though...so get some and stick your head over a bowl of steaming menthol to help shift this!! :hug:

Berocca is great to ward off colds as well. I find Melucca honey +15 strength is superb as an immunostimulant & you need a good tsp each day. Can be bought from health food shops.
If you have sinusitis Hopi ear candling sometimes relieves the pressure.
Get better soon - I think we all need some sunshine!! Lol
HTH
Fiona :)

Thank you all.

I phoned my doctors this afternoon and managed to get squeezed in and it seems I have an infection so have a course of antibiotics for a week. Here's hoping I can finally shift this cold for good. I've stocked up on some berocca and vitamins so onwards and upwards and yes we def need some sunshine Fiona LOL!!!

Hugs to you all xx

Latest posts

Back