Red hair gone orange!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funsusie

Reaction score
Hi
I decided I would like my coloured red hair to be blonde. I was told wouldn't be able to straight away & would be done in stages. My hairdresser said I could have a full head of highlights with brown dye on the remainder so would be a nice brown with caramel highlights.
It has turned out
quite Orange with pinkish red tones & blonde roots. I said I did not like it & she is going to come back this week. I also paid for it, should I have to pay again?
What is the best way to fix it? I also had loads of layers cut in but can still see Orange & layers are really short at top.
Thanks for advice
Susie
Posted via Mobile Device

it probably will need bleached up more (depending on condition) and then a toner.

If she is not very experienced/confident in colour correction I would suggest going to a salon that will be capable of sorting this.

you shouldnt have to pay again if you use her...but would you not rather pay and not have orange hair anyway?

hi i agree with kimi, needs to be lifted more and then toned for an even colour! sounds to me that she was trying to cut some of the orange off by giving u shorter layers, not a good look with all the variation of colour going on! she cant charge u again but make sure she knows what she is doing!!!:D

hmmm playin devils advocate here (since we havent actually seen your hair and how red and how long it had been red for). The hairdresser did explain that it would have to be done in stages. Depending on the degree off colour build up on the midlenghs and ends, it is probable that it will have a tangy tinge to it regardless and the hairdresser was not willing to compromise the condition of the hair. I wudnt expect to charge again if it was jus to tone, but if u are gettin more foils put in i wud be charging for the simple fact that she explained that it wasnt possible to get the results u were expecting on the first occassion. going from red to blonde is classed as colour correction and should be charged for appropriatly in my opinion. x

Thanks every1. I don't mind paying again as I know it is a slow process but thought was going to be brown with caramel highlights & got shock with it turning out orangey, just really hope it will be fixed.
Would it be better just to get full colour brown or do you think should lighten again with more highlights?
Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device

you know what i would do?

go to a really good salon in your area and ask their advice on it. i would consider going somewhere top end with this as scotty says, it is a colour correction - complicated work. as you say, you were told brown with caramel - you got brown with patchy blonde and orange.

I dont know if I would want her to do it again as she seems over ambitious.

Latest posts

Back