Redken colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarplumfaery

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so I'm currently a Wella girl but I've been offered an opportunity in a Redken/ Pureology salon. They only have Redken colours and I'm aware they're ammonia-free (MEA) and that they have lovely tones but that's it. I've never used them. Ever!

So please can my lovely geeks shine some light on them for me please.

Hi guys,

so I'm currently a Wella girl but I've been offered an opportunity in a Redken/ Pureology salon. They only have Redken colours and I'm aware they're ammonia-free (MEA) and that they have lovely tones but that's it. I've never used them. Ever!

So please can my lovely geeks shine some light on them for me please.

Can't believe no one has commented. I only use the acidic demi shadex eq. They have lovley red, great shine, and make lovely sheer toners. I don't know much about chromatics, but they are really popular in the us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

I asked the very same question last week and no response either 😕

I love them! We used them in my salon but some stylists didn't get on with them, and the majority vote tipped it to us swapping ranges.

I personally love the shine, the actual tonality of the colours are gorgeous, they really make the hair feel stronger, and they just feel like a really good high quality product and give the results you want.

The reason they didn't get on with them is because they're oil based, and they found it tricky getting the product to spread in the foil as they were getting patchiness in the foil where they didn't saturate properly.

I didn't really have a problem, I think it's just thorough application and you'll be fine cause I always was.

Onto Shades EQ creams, again same good results. Bizarrely not as shiny as the chromatics? But I don't think colour touch is as shiny as Illumina.. I think they're great as an alternative to chromatics if you're not lifting.. They almost lather up so they go really far and again same gorgeous tones!

As for the Shades EQ glosses, my favourite toning products ever. I've used colour touch, goldwell Colorance, Rusk demi, and Framesi eclectic and they're my favourite. SO shiny, gorgeous natural colours! Only thing that I didn't realise when I first started was the N tone is cool after using goldwell where it's warm.

They're a difficult range to adapt too though, in the Chromatics A means ash.. In the shades EQ it means auburn. Two very different things to accidentally get wrong.. I'm not a fan of the styling products.. However I LOVE the shampoos and conditioners and the products that come in their range.. I.e All Soft supple touch blow dry cream.

Pureology is amazing though!

Hope that shed some light! If you have any other questions I haven't really covered just ask!

I've just moved from to a redken saskin from a wella salon I feel like a traitor to wella but redken is an amazing brand!! It does take some getting used too!!

I put exactly the same post up last week also, I've been a Wella expert for over 27 yrs I'm gutted tbh.
However, I bought wefts (blonde) and used all the level 9's in Shades so I can see the tones, I did them with 2parts crystal clear and another weft with 3parts Shades EQ.
I found going through the shade chart helped loads, as I worked out the different tones.
I'm also watching and asking other stylists to call me over when they have completed their colour, so that I can see visually how they come out.
The Chromatics is oil based you have to apply liberally and in small sections.
1:1 ratio.
You are going to love the sham and conds, they're lovely.
I also love their styling products, it's personal preference.
If you need any more help give me a shout :) xx

Is there anywhere in the UK that you can buy Redken Colours apart from a redken rep?

Oh my friend. I feel like I don't know you anymore 😆😋

Vivaglam I knew you'd say this! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! If only you'd take my calls 😜

Thanks for the response guys. If they're oil based they must be MEA based. That's what I was wondering. Thanks again!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431422281.464008.jpg

I've had a play with shades EQ 1 part 9T 2 parts clear and loved the brightness

Wow! I'm really digging that!

Dry hair and full application time?

Towel dried and applied roots first then emulsified through to ends. 5 minutes

Latest posts

Back