Refund issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the betting she does this quite a lot...and also what's the betting she gets away with lots of freebies too....

My advice is always state on any promotional leaflets, forms, price lists etc etc the letters. E&OE - this means errors and omissions excepted. (please look this up on the internet if you are not sure)
I always state these letters on everything I do. I always state - "redemption 0.01" and "not to be used in conjunction with any other offer" as people will push there luck and often.

I would tell her to get stood on....what a cheek!

What is the betting she does this quite a lot...and also what's the betting she gets away with lots of freebies too....

My advice is always state on any promotional leaflets, forms, price lists etc etc the letters. E&OE - this means errors and omissions excepted. (please look this up on the internet if you are not sure)
I always state these letters on everything I do. I always state - "redemption 0.01" and "not to be used in conjunction with any other offer" as people will push there luck and often.

I would tell her to get stood on....what a cheek!

agreed! these ones do this lots of different salons/stylists and I bet they get away with it too, seen this time and time again over the past 8 years in the hair extension industry. You have to be firm throughout x

If the cut was so horrendous why has she rebooked?

I think she has realised if she moans she will get a freebie so stand your ground be polite and professional

I would increase you cut and blow dry too £7 is mega cheap.

Omg £7 for a cut and blow dry that's crazy I agree with mm29 with all of the above aswell x

By charging just £7 for a dry trim this is the sort of clients you will attract. Upping your prices will show that you are confident and skilled charging £7 says to me "this girl has no confidence so I can bully her" x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly! Your better than that I don't offer dry cuts my price is my price if you prefer to have it cut dry then that's upto you but you still pay me what I charge for a cut and blowdry you need to toughen up or your just going to keep getting this! Hope you are ok and can sort it out! X

why ask you for another cut if the 1st was so bad? and wants the £35 cash,sounds like this woman as done this with every hairdresser shes had so she ends up with a free hair cut every time,ive had the same hairdresser for the last 6 years and if anything is worng i give her a ring and to be honest i feel awful doing this but she would rather have it this way,i wud never say a want my money back,unless sumthing was drasticly wrong,this woman is basically scamming people,people make their own minds up about people and the people in the village will know what she is like.i would point blank refuse to cut her hair

miranda xx

I think Miranda has hit the nail on the head tbh x

It's hard because she hasn't let you see and gone off and sorted herself.
I'd stand by your guns and say because i never got the chance to rectify the problem, i won't be refunding and just make excuses re the next appt x

Ok so u charge the same for cut n blo than u wud a dry cut. As i hate dry cuttin n 9 times out of 10 hav 2 spray it or it becomes steppy in the layers. This cud b a good idea as they will almost gaurentee 2 hav a cbd every time!
This woman is so intimidating. I think this is why she has made me feel this way we are still at logger heads atm.
Ive offerred good will of refund of £7 but she told me she wants the £35 for the rectification money she had to spend.
And she wants me 2 deliver it and post it through her door!!
Im seriously losing my patience with the woman!!
Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really want to be professional and sort this the right way but theres no middle ground with this very persistant woman. :confused:

Someone like that doesn't have middle ground and sounds like she will persist till you cave in.
As previously said tell her the offer has expired and you can no longer have her as a client.

I have done that to one of mine and by it felt good to take control over my business. I'm sure you will too, and then no longer reply to her as it's feeding her greed xx

Ok so u charge the same for cut n blo than u wud a dry cut. As i hate dry cuttin n 9 times out of 10 hav 2 spray it or it becomes steppy in the layers. This cud b a good idea as they will almost gaurentee 2 hav a cbd every time!
This woman is so intimidating. I think this is why she has made me feel this way we are still at logger heads atm.
Ive offerred good will of refund of £7 but she told me she wants the £35 for the rectification money she had to spend.
Thanks!

Hi Sweetie

If I was you I would just reply and say that you have offered way and beyond what the value of service was. You offered to check through the cut but she never booked in. Say you will post her a cheque for £7 for the cost of the service she paid to you. I assume you have insurance Hun...I might add in that you have spoken to your insurance and they have advised the refund offer for the service provided and paid to you is ample compensation and that your sorry she has been left unhappy and wish her well and that the matter is closed. I would then list her the cheque and Ignore all texts/emails or calls. I'm guessing she hasn't once done this on a phone call or face to face...correct me if I'm wrong.

She is basically taking you for a ride. You live and learn sweetie and you have gone beyond what most people would. I bet if you asked for a receipt for the £35 she "paid" somebody else it would t materialise. She is talking fluff, utter BS.

I think I read early on in your post where you live is small..word will spread...sure it will...you can tell people of her outrageous demands for a haircut that was perfectly fine and I'm more than certain your current clients are very happy wouldn't listen to a word she says and probs has a rep for doing this to lots of people in all manners of the word...

Thanks!

Explain to her you never agreed to pay for her to get it 'rectified' as you hadn't seen any evidence of error. You offered to see it firsthand and rectify any problem yourself. You outdone yourself by offering her a voucher for her daughter AND a refund and the daughter didn't want a voucher.. Therefore I would say unfortunately what I offered is not being redeemed and therefore cannot be refunded for cash. Ask her bluntly why she would want a free haircut off you if she didn't like it firstly and if she had to get it rectified before then you're not going around in circles and why would she want to keep getting it cut and rectified elsewhere??? Ask why would she go to such an effort and not just go to someone else if she doesn't like your work as you definitely won't be footing the bill for the last time she got it 'rectified' ( which she obv didn't ) or any other time !! ... but professionally as I know you don't want to be cheeky when she has the potential to badmouth you to family - the village won't listen to her witchy ways! - so it will be more about cheek than the haircut the family will listen to..

Unfortunately its not a nice situation to deal with but stand up for yourself and keep repeating that she didn't let you see it therefore will not be paying out any money as you can not agree any error!!

Hope you're ok - oh the joys I've still got all this to come across when I've finished my training :( xx

Hope you sort this, the woman sounds vile, be strong and stand your ground Hun.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks!

Exactly so just say to the client well it's the same price wet or dry I'm still doing the same cut and tbf the cut comes out alot nice when wet so it's upto you 9 times out of 10 they will go for the wet opinion lol
I just don't understand how she wants £35 back from you when the cut was £7
I no you said you would do her daughters hair but she didn't have it done so that's the end of the deal I would offer the £7 back or another cut if you really had to do anything but the £35 no chance is tell her to piss off! Lol x

I would just post the £7 through her door and tell her good luck finding another stylist

I would send her a cheque for £7with a covering letter. Then ignore all other communication.

I'm sure her family know what she is like and if they're anything like her you don't want them on your books anyway.

Contact your insurance too, see what they say, it's what they're there for afterall and may help give you peace of mind incase she tries to take it further, I very much doubt it as shes clearly a chancer. If she qas that unhappy she would not be returning.

Good luck.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really wanna thank u so much for ur confidence boosting yes insurance said as u all predicted to refund the £7 as you have admitted the liability by offering the refund. I will send her a cheque through the post.
And ignore further correspondance.
Youve all been brilliant.
Thank you.

Goin off topic a bit but I literally never cut hair dry, unless they have dead straight fine hair I find it impossible. I always spray down or rinse through xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just thought id let you all know i posted the cheque via post for £7 and she turned up at the salon yesterday screaming and shouting infront of 2 new customers and 1 regular saying "are you taking the p!$$ out of me. Give me my £35 now" she ripped the cheque up and barged past my mom (who juniours for me sometimes) and went to go for my till!!!! She only went after we rung the authorities!
Its really shaken me and my mom up!
I was horrifyed, embarrassed it was awful!
I called 101 after and they have logged it on there systems and if she calls in again they have promised to be there in under 2 mins.
She is threatening me with insurance company but i am fully covered when it comes to that!
Luckily all my customers were really understanding.
Hopefully this will be the last of it!!
Phew!!!

I just thought id let you all know i posted the cheque via post for £7 and she turned up at the salon yesterday screaming and shouting infront of 2 new customers and 1 regular saying "are you taking the p!$$ out of me. Give me my £35 now" she ripped the cheque up and barged past my mom (who juniours for me sometimes) and went to go for my till!!!! She only went after we rung the authorities!
Its really shaken me and my mom up!
I was horrifyed, embarrassed it was awful!
I called 101 after and they have logged it on there systems and if she calls in again they have promised to be there in under 2 mins.
She is threatening me with insurance company but i am fully covered when it comes to that!
Luckily all my customers were really understanding.
Hopefully this will be the last of it!!
Phew!!!

Omg omg omg!
I can't belive this!
Who does that women think she is!
What a bully!
Hope you and your mum are ok x

How dare she!!! Name and shame!!
Wish we had a pub watch type scheme, where the pics of all the barred clients are put up behind the bar so staff know not to serve, this industry really needs something like that too!

On a positive note, she ripped your cheque up Lololol so she's not even getting that refunded, stupid woman! I would barr her family too so she has no excuse to come back in to pick them up drop them off etc etc.

Nobody I mean nobody deserves clients like this!!!

Good to see the back of her, trust your instinct in future, you'll never forget this experience!

Latest posts

Back