Refunds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumblebee78

Reaction score
I had a client last night for cluster lashes. She sent me a MSG this morning saying that some of them had fallen off during the night and that she pulled the others off as they looked silly. I offered to do them again for free, but she says that she doesn't have time to come back before she needs them, and asked for a refund. I feel bad that some fell off, but it still took time and my products, so I feel reluctant to give a full refund. What would u do??

I personally wouldn't have don't them for free until you saw them!

Was she doing anything that evening ?

I would say to her that you offered to re do them and that's as far as you would go! NO REFUND!! As she pulled the rest out which she admitted to !!

I had a client last night for cluster lashes. She sent me a MSG this morning saying that some of them had fallen off during the night and that she pulled the others off as they looked silly. I offered to do them again for free, but she says that she doesn't have time to come back before she needs them, and asked for a refund. I feel bad that some fell off, but it still took time and my products, so I feel reluctant to give a full refund. What would u do??

If it were me personally - I'd refuse to refund! She shouldn't of pulled them out, she should of contacted you first before removing them. It's most likely her fault anyway sleeping funny/picking them etc.. Most clients do this but don't usually admit to it.
You've been kind enough to offer to redo them, many therapists don't even do this. So stick to your guns & tell her to pee off :lol:
That's how id deal with it hth xx

Maybe send her a message something along the lines of - hi, Unfortunately I do not offer refunds, once I have done the treatment my time/skill & products have already been used.. Therefore I dont refund. but I will be more than happy to redo your lashes as a goodwill gesture Thanks (or something similar) also if you do redo them be sure to attack her with the aftercare leaflet lol I like to drill aftercare into clients at every opportunity. They don't listen otherwise xx

If it were me personally - I'd refuse to refund! She shouldn't of pulled them out, she should of contacted you first before removing them. It's most likely her fault anyway sleeping funny/picking them etc.. Most clients do this but don't usually admit to it.
You've been kind enough to offer to redo them, many therapists don't even do this. So stick to your guns & tell her to pee off :lol:
That's how id deal with it hth xx

Maybe send her a message something along the lines of - hi, Unfortunately I do not offer refunds, once I have done the treatment my time/skill & products have already been used.. Therefore I dont refund. but I will be more than happy to redo your lashes as a goodwill gesture Thanks (or something similar) also if you do redo them be sure to attack her with the aftercare leaflet lol I like to drill aftercare into clients at every opportunity. They don't listen otherwise xx

Really good advise given here!!! X

Thanks guys. I replied and said that I don't usually offer refunds as my time and products have been used after the treatment, but I gave in and offered a partial refund or to redo them for her. I need to grow a backbone!!!

Thanks guys. I replied and said that I don't usually offer refunds as my time and products have been used after the treatment, but I gave in and offered a partial refund or to redo them for her. I need to grow a backbone!!!

Ooo naughty naughty!!! Lol this means no offence I hope you take this the right way but you really do need to grow a backbone!!

Oops sent that on accident
Grow a backbone..... You are worth everything you charge, you need to believe in your ability. The only time you should give a refund is if you know it is your fault babe!!! but least you only gave a partial refund so you still covered some costs! Do you think if it was the other way round a client would do the same ? Cxxxx

Well her lashes were fine when she left me! And she said that when she woke up her pillow had them on, so I'm assuming my glue wasn't string enough or that it was something she did between leaving me and waking up! I thought they would at least stay on until after her party on Saturday tho! She's a reflexology therapist, so I would guess she wouldn't give a refund, but then how would a client know to want one? (if u see what I mean?!) it's my first client that's complained. I need to toughen up!!!

Well her lashes were fine when she left me! And she said that when she woke up her pillow had them on, so I'm assuming my glue wasn't string enough or that it was something she did between leaving me and waking up! I thought they would at least stay on until after her party on Saturday tho! She's a reflexology therapist, so I would guess she wouldn't give a refund, but then how would a client know to want one? (if u see what I mean?!) it's my first client that's complained. I need to toughen up!!!

I would say of they were on her pillow then it might be something she does I'n the night, I really can't have lashes on as I constantly rub my eyes when im asleep lol !!

I meant if you were the client and the same thing happened and you went to another therapist, would they have given you a refund... Probs not. Don't worry about it sweetie, you learn from your mistakes and you will be prepared what to do if it ever happens again in the future xxx

Thanks for all your advice! I'm sure I will become better in the future when dealing with things like this!

Well apparently she is too busy to come and have them redone OR come and get a refund! I doubt I will get a referral/ good word tho :-(

Latest posts

Back