Removal of full coverage false nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
What is the CORRECT method to remove full coverage false nails applied with nail adhesive?

I don't know that there is a correct way to remove them, but I'm sure if you use the wrap method, they will come off. I wouldn't soak them in a bowl full of acetone as this will be too drying on the nail plate and cuticle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Soak them in hot (not boiling!) water and the gently remove them by hand x

I don't know that there is a correct way to remove them, but I'm sure if you use the wrap method, they will come off. I wouldn't soak them in a bowl full of acetone as this will be too drying on the nail plate and cuticle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I wouldn't waste wraps on these! x

Thanks for your replies. But will a bowl of warm water remove the adhesive?

No, of course not!! Only if they have been used with sticky pads!

The teacher in me wants to say "what do you think?"

It is acetone that will do it, of course. Waste wraps??? What is getting wasted by using 10 cotton pads, 10 pieces of foil and a bit of acetone to make sure nails are removed safely???

In my job I use them all the time and don't feel anything is being wasted in doing things properly. I prefer to use Vamoose but pads and foil will work too!

Can I also reiterate as I just posted in another thread ....

STOP thinking that Acetone in a bowl is the devil in liquid form!!! Honestly use your heads. (sorry the teacher in me).

We have used Acetone in the salon safely for more than 30 years for soaking off in a bowl for L&P. For something like a false nail it would take only minutes so use wraps. But no ones fingers would drop off if you did use a bowl for goodness sakes. Think what you are doing and why you should be doing it.

It will if they have been on for a while! I used to wear them all the time (the bad old days, hate the things now!) but if they are new on then no it won't work x

Know your chemistry! Soaking in water will expand the nail plate layers. If anything is going to give first it will be the nail. The nails MAY come off but taking several layers of nail with them. The adhesive can possibly break down in water but it isn't worth the chance

Wow mum and Geeg responding, I feel privileged (how good is Salon Geek allowing us to have direct help from the likes of them!). Ok so last question...I have absolutely no experience of, nor have I used these types of nails myself. Are they all specifically designed to be a one use product? I assume the answer to be yes due to the response on how to remove. I had this question from a clients daughter due to her seeing the Nazilla range in a store. She wanted to purchase them for re-use. When I hear of young girls and women re-using them I now assume this to be due to the fact they have removed them incorrectly. Ie picking and pulling them off in one?

Wow mum and Geeg responding, I feel privileged (how good is Salon Geek allowing us to have direct help from the likes of them!). Ok so last question...I have absolutely no experience of, nor have I used these types of nails myself. Are they all specifically designed to be a one use product? I assume the answer to be yes due to the response on how to remove. I had this question from a clients daughter due to her seeing the Nazilla range in a store. She wanted to purchase them for re-use. When I hear of young girls and women re-using them I now assume this to be due to the fact they have removed them incorrectly. Ie picking and pulling them off in one?

It depends on how they attach to the natural nail. If they are sold with sticky patches to adhere them then they can probably be re-used. if they are sold with adhesive then if removed correctly they cannot be re-used.

No false stick on nails should ever be worn for more than 48 hours in my opinion. The number microbes that multiply beneath them is huge .. if you only knew.

FYI The worst nail damage I have ever seen in my life in the salon, has been the result of prolonged and continuous wearing of stick on nails. Black, pussy, fungal, rotten and 'almost' permanent-irreparable natural nail damage.

Beware .. no more than 48 hours at a time for stick ons. Enhanced nails are a much healthier option if the client wants nails.

It depends on how they attach to the natural nail. If they are sold with sticky patches to adhere them then they can probably be re-used. if they are sold with adhesive then if removed correctly they cannot be re-used.

No false stick on nails should ever be worn for more than 48 hours in my opinion. The number microbes that multiply beneath them is huge .. if you only knew.

FYI The worst nail damage I have ever seen in my life in the salon, has been the result of prolonged and continuous wearing of stick on nails. Black, pussy, fungal, rotten and 'almost' permanent-irreparable natural nail damage.

Beware .. no more than 48 hours at a time for stick ons. Enhanced nails are a much healthier option if the client wants nails.

Yep, I'd agree with that!!

There are some very good sticky pads available now that will last a day and can be removed easily.

I use both methods a LOT! But only for an absolute max of 2 days when used with adhesive. Then I make sure I'm around to take them off safely (destroyed nails even if I've spent hours making them :cry:)

Latest posts

Back