removed my acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeauty

Reaction score
removed my acrylics tonight that i did myself and my nails are a mess!!!:cry:...a couple of them are quite bad, (look split, if you know what I mean?)....don't know what happened..all i used was acetone...they are sooo soft and bendy too...going on holiday next saturday and dont want them looking like this...what can I use on them as they dont look nice....:cry:...anyone near me looking for a guiney pig?....:)...appreciate your help girls xx

The acrylic wouldn't have done this hun...or the soaking off. Damage is usually done with over blending tips...over filing....pulling enhancements off....soaking too often....ect.

use plenty of nail oil x

The acrylic wouldn't have done this hun...or the soaking off. Damage is usually done with over blending tips...over filing....pulling enhancements off....soaking too often....ect.

use plenty of nail oil x

Hi bagpuss...I have only soaked of 2 sets in the past month, could've been my filing as the tips I used didn't require blending and I never pull them off......all I have at home is cuticle oil?...

Sue, I will have a look at them for you if you like and get you sorted for your hols :hug:

Sue, I will have a look at them for you if you like and get you sorted for your hols :hug:

Fi...I have pm'd you huni....I'm so upset...:cry:xxx

Sue if you have only soaked them off today, Dont panic put plenty of solar oil on and I am sure they will harden in a day or so :hug:

Sue if you have only soaked them off today, Dont panic put plenty of solar oil on and I am sure they will harden in a day or so :hug:

lell....I dont have solar oil huni...and my my nails dont go hard anymore!!:sad:....but I have been saved by a very lovely fellow geek who has offered to help me...wink wink....xxxx:)

lell....I dont have solar oil huni...and my my nails dont go hard anymore!!:sad:....but I have been saved by a very lovely fellow geek who has offered to help me...wink wink....xxxx:)

Well I am glad to hear you have someone wink wink to help :hug:

Sue, I'm here if you need me babe!!!

If fifitrix can't make it just give me a shout and i'll be up in a shot lol.

Maybe a gel overlay would do for your holibags just to strengthen them up a wee bit!

xxx

My nails are ALWAYS weak and bendy when I have just soaked them off, and for me it takes approx 3 days before they are back to a "workable" strength,
If you are abseloutly sure there has been no nail damage prior to applying enhancements, then its just normal for them to be weak after soaking off hun,

Just like they would be bendy if you had a nice long soak in the bath,

Having a manicure or something from another geek, can only be a good thing though, so Enjoy hun ! :hug:

Having nail enhancements on, increases the oil and moisture content in the natural nail.

This is why when they are removed they can seem more flexible, like Emmsybabes says, like when you have had a soak in the bath.
After a few days the oil moisture content returns to normal and they can tthen start to dry out!!! This is usually when nails start splitting and breaking.

Keep using your Essential Oil and keep your own nails short until you get used to having your ownnails again. Remember you are used to having acrylic (L&P) on them and the strength that gives.

I am sure your geeky friends will ensure you have a fabulous set of enhancements for your holiday....have a great time.

Having nail enhancements on, increases the oil and moisture content in the natural nail.

This is why when they are removed they can seem more flexible, like Emmsybabes says, like when you have had a soak in the bath.
After a few days the oil moisture content returns to normal and they can tthen start to dry out!!! This is usually when nails start splitting and breaking.

Keep using your Essential Oil and keep your own nails short until you get used to having your ownnails again. Remember you are used to having acrylic (L&P) on them and the strength that gives.

I am sure your geeky friends will ensure you have a fabulous set of enhancements for your holiday....have a great time.

Thanks Izzi....I only had them on for just over a week...my nails just look horrible now but Fifitrix has come to my rescue...:)...I look forward to my hols now....

Sue, I'm here if you need me babe!!!

If fifitrix can't make it just give me a shout and i'll be up in a shot lol.

Maybe a gel overlay would do for your holibags just to strengthen them up a wee bit!

xxx

Awe thanks for offering to help Lyndsay....:hug:...I'm sure francesXXX won't let me down but It's nice to know you're there if needed huni xxxx

Latest posts

Back